MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DaveIsHere @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Are roster updates available for the XBox that have Iguchi and Vizcaino

Viz is in AAA for some reason, and im not sure about updates. Ill check now for ps2 and edit my post.

----

No updates yet and i played an online game against the cubs and lost 2-0 :chair

The ump was callin perfect strikes balls and after he called 2 of 4 i made Oz go crazy and got him ejected.

Edited by whitesoxfan56789

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Does anybody else walk a ton? I have trouble hitting the best pitchers, so I will have like 2 hit, yet have 7 runs. I have walked over 20 times in a game before. It gets kind of annoying.

I can walk about 6 or 7 times a game. 20? Geez. Maybe their is something you can change in gameplay tuning.

I was editing the Sox players and found some pretty accurate changes.

I changed Juan Uribe's stance to classic 3 (I think)

I changed Vizcaino motion form side-arm to over hand.

I changed Freddy Garcia's motion to the one where there is a hesitation before he releases the ball, I'll post the exact one later. It pretty much resembles Freddy'e motion.

I changed Willie's stance to croutched. its almost exact.

I still don't know why they don't have Garland's sinker.

Does anyone have a more accurate stance for AJ?

How the hell do you walk, I never walk.. Ive played 20 games on my Sox season and the only walks to my team are Intentional

I just cant ever seem to walk, maybe because I swing at every pitch? but even when I take a few balls and the count is like 3 - 1 I still never walk..

can I get some tips from you? Im tired of having my teams batting avg be the exact same as there OBP :P

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
How the hell do you walk, I never walk.. Ive played 20 games on my Sox season and the only walks to my team are Intentional

I just cant ever seem to walk, maybe because I swing at every pitch? but even when I take a few balls and the count is like 3 - 1 I still never walk..

can I get some tips from you? Im tired of having my teams batting avg be the exact same as there OBP  :P

Do you play on MVP? You have to be very patient sometimes.

There's a slider that makes the CPU pitchers throw more balls. If you don't turn it up it's almost impossible to walk since they will just keep throwing strikes. Some ABs, the computer will throw 3 or 4 straight balls if you don't swing at the first pitch.

Anyone else hit alot of check-swing dribblers? I think there's way to much contact on check swings compared to real life.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Do you play on MVP?  You have to be very patient sometimes.

nah i play on pro with the sliders fixed.. so far everything is realistic except i cant walk and i cant hit a changeup to save my life

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
There's a slider that makes the CPU pitchers throw more balls.  If you don't turn it up it's almost impossible to walk since they will just keep throwing strikes.  Some ABs, the computer will throw 3 or 4 straight balls if you don't swing at the first pitch.

Anyone else hit alot of check-swing dribblers?  I think there's way to much contact on check swings compared to real life.

i dont have that problem, just a lot of called strikes on my check swing by the ump that checks it

At All-Star mode, all settings normal the game is pretty easy. Pretty much every time I shut out the computer or give up 2-3 runs if Im way ahead and just start to play around with my pitches.

As for walking, I could probably walk more, but every one of my players are paid to hit the ball, so the games I play and dont sim, I generally put the ball into play the first pitch or so.

Stealing is a real b**** though, even my runners with +95 speed get caught more times than they should when I have a 2 step lead and have them start as soon as possible.

Im planning on moving to MVP soon, although All-Star is pretty enjoyable.

SB

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)

can I get some tips from you? Im tired of having my teams batting avg be the exact same as there OBP  :P

Tips? Play MVP and put the controller down. Thats the tip. :lol: There is no reason to swing too, because all those balls are unhittable anyways. It drives me crazy.

In my season El Duque got injured so i called up Munoz to give the team another Lefty for the 14 days he was injured (15 on DL) and Arnie f***ing dominated the Angels. 8.2 IP 5 H 2 ER 4 K, The 2 runs came on back to back homers in the bottom of the ninth :bang His stamana was only 55 so i was stretchin him to 20% in the 9th but was up 5-0 and he was dominating so i thought i could handle it. BTW im 28-19 Not sure how many simmed/managed, but at least 15 id say and am in first by 3.5 games to the twins.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
I was editing the Sox players and found some pretty accurate changes.

I changed Juan Uribe's stance to classic 3 (I think)

I changed Vizcaino motion form side-arm to over hand.

I changed Freddy Garcia's motion to the one where there is a hesitation before he releases the ball, I'll post the exact one later. It pretty much resembles Freddy'e motion.

I changed Willie's stance to croutched. its almost exact.

I still don't know why they don't have Garland's sinker.

Does anyone have  a more accurate stance for AJ?

Which number is Garcia's motion so I could change it. I was wondering why they don't have his hesitation motion down.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Does anybody else walk a ton? I have trouble hitting the best pitchers, so I will have like 2 hit, yet have 7 runs. I have walked over 20 times in a game before. It gets kind of annoying.

s*** no........ I come out swinging.... I'm lucky to see four balls the entire game!

If I want to create Iguchi, does anyone know what MVP designates as he stats....like what should features should i set to create him, both physical and ability. Does anyone know this by chance? Also, does anyone know where to find Pablo Ozuna or Widger??? Thanks

I just threw a pefect game with Buehrle against the Indians with 9 K's. It was so close at the end i almost had a heart attack. On the last ball the pinch hitter hit it and it bounced right away really high right on the first base line, i had to run buehrle over to get it and throw him out right in time. :drink

QUOTE(PWSox87 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
If I want to create Iguchi, does anyone know what MVP designates as he stats....like what should features should i set to create him, both physical and ability. Does anyone know this by chance? Also, does anyone know where to find Pablo Ozuna or Widger???  Thanks

Somewhere in this thread it has an iguchi cap and if you have MVP 2004 you can find widger, ozuna and jeremy giambi. Ozuna is in Tigers AAA, widger is on St Louis and Giambi is on Boston

Currenty I'm 75-11. We won our 5th consecutive World Series(or is it 6th??) anyway, we blew up the team after the championship(only 5 fielders and 3 starting pitchers and the rest of the relievers remain). We went with a youth movement and it's paying off. Jesse Allen got moved back out to the OF to make room for a stud 2B(Brad Eros) and Royce Merced was traded for a stud 21 year old phenom who already has 143 HR's in his career.