MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed when simming games in owner mode is they do not have the use of the DH correct in the Minor Leagues. They use the DH when in a NL affiliate city, yet in the Minors, if an AL affiliate is playing home or road, there is no DH.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
One thing I noticed when simming games in owner mode is they do not have the use of the DH correct in the Minor Leagues.  They use the DH when in a NL affiliate city, yet in the Minors, if an AL affiliate is playing home or road, there is no DH.

yeah, I also noticed to they track all the stats in the stat box like they do for the majors. stats like k's per 9 innings, and whip.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Another thing I don't like is that the Owner mode does not allow for September callups.

Yeah, these games have to get with it if they want to make it as realistic as possible.

That would be awesome to have a 40 man roster. Timo, adkins , borchard, and valdez would appreciate it too.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Woohoo.

El Duque with a perfect game.

Anyone else pitch any perfect games? I did mine on Pro. :\

Edit: It was against the Blue Jays and Rowand was a homer away from the cycle. :(

I pitched a perfect game with Jason Davis on All-Star had 15 SO.

I'm about to win the WS with the Sox. I'll go to All-Star after that. I win consistently on Pro, but not without a lot of close games. Up 3 games to none on the Red Sox in the ALCS right now.

Barons and Warthogs are also on the verge of winning their respective championships. Charlotte missed the playoffs by three games.

So after about 30 games or so I redid my lineup and roster and started to play in ALL-Star

Lineup

CF Carl Crawford

SS- Juan Uribe

RF- Jose Gullien

1b- Mark teixeira

LF- Aaron Rowand

3b- David Wright

DH- Nick Swisher

C- AJ

2b- Rickie Weeks

Bench

Ben Davis

Harris

Timo

Gload

Sp

Peavey

Zambrano

Harden

Webb

Kazmir

Bullpen

Vizcaino

Adkins

Marte

Politte

Hermanson

Shingo

My Double- A and Triple - A teams both have about 10 Top 100 players on each team.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 05:10 AM)
Has anyone found Pablo Ozuna in the game anywhere?

I just wrote down the attributes of Ozuna, Giambi and Widger from MVP 2004 and signed players at 100k a year, then edited them.

Has anybody that has finished off a season or two, benefitted from adding seats? Right now, I am still at 20,000 seats and am not filling them, not even in World Series games.

I had about 6 million at the end of the 2006 season and spent it on various upgrades, but didn't think it would be a good idea until I could actually come close to filling the 20,000 seats. I think I averaged around 16,000 in attendance, up from about 14,000 the year before.

Also, when purchasing ads and logo signage for the ballpark, does that give you added revenue? I spent a million bucks on them, but the more I look at it, I think that is cosmetic only. I didn't notice a bump in ad revenues and only saw it listed in the expense column in the financial statement. I am thinking about selling them. If they aren't creating revenue, I sure as hell don't want ads all over the place.

Any other stadium upgrades that have helped?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
Has anybody that has finished off a season or two, benefitted from adding seats?  Right now, I am still at 20,000 seats and am not filling them, not even in World Series games. 

I had about 6 million at the end of the 2006 season and spent it on various upgrades, but didn't think it would be a good idea until I could actually come close to filling the 20,000 seats.  I think I averaged around 16,000 in attendance, up from about 14,000 the year before.

Also, when purchasing ads and logo signage for the ballpark, does that give you added revenue?  I spent a million bucks on them, but the more I look at it, I think that is cosmetic only.  I didn't notice a bump in ad revenues and only saw it listed in the expense column in the financial statement.  I am thinking about selling them.  If they aren't creating revenue, I sure as hell don't want ads all over the place.

Any other stadium upgrades that have helped?

Rex

I added seats and never saw any return on real investment never filled the extra seats EVER , I also bought ad's and saw no increase sold back after 1 yr. I added outdoor cafe and seemed to always make good money.

Edited by Soxfest

yeah the ads are totally retarded....all i know with a restaurant upgrade and a seat upgrade to go along with 1 soda and peanut vendor had me making a million per game in september.... i think the extra crowd helped me win too because i ended up going 15-4 like in the month winning the division by 1 game.

I had the seats upgrade up til level 3(outfield and more upperdeck seats) and I benefitted from them because they are cheaper and I made sure I bought every concession shop and gift shops possible. I was making 1.5 mil per game in my 6th season. Everything was a near sellout so it does benefit you. I haven't bough ads yet simply because I don't think they give you enough money in revenue.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
After about 20 simmed seasons i maxed out everything in the stadium.It is pretty cool, but not worth the time it took  :bang

20 freakin seasons?? You sound like me with NCAA Football. It's pretty sad, I know. lol

Edited by Rex Hudler