MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Good basestealers maybe, but whoever is saying that is a real dumbass...

It's simple -- the catcher has a longer ways to throw the ball to get to second, thus, increasing the chance for a more innacurate throw, and giving the runner more time to steal.

Yeah stealing third is much harder than second. When I catch, I love when idiots try to steal third on me. As long as your pitcher doesn't fall asleep and not pay attention to a runner, no matter how fast he is, a good catcher will throw him out.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
Good basestealers maybe, but whoever is saying that is a real dumbass...

It's simple -- the catcher has a longer ways to throw the ball to get to second, thus, increasing the chance for a more innacurate throw, and giving the runner more time to steal.

but its also harder to pick off someone at 2nd so you would think can get better lead off's... regardless guys like Crawford can do it in R/L but in the game its near impossible is the point.

just finished a game on All Star with Peavy i went 9 innings 9 K's and 6 hits 1 walk allowed.....and faced Santana who went 8.2 innings 9 K's 4 hits including a 2 out 9th inning HR to Carl Crawford :headbang now thats clutch

Now Peavy and Santana are 1-1 against each other this season both 1-0 ball games.... i hope i get to see Santana again with Peavy for a third and final match.

Edited by SoxFan101

Pods just made the greatest game-saving play ever:

2 Down, bases empty, Top 8th, El Duque pitching, 1-1 Count to Derreck Lee.....

Lee lines one to Right Center field looking for a double....Pods gets there after the ball has hit the wall, picks it up, guns one to Uribe covering 2nd, and throws out Lee trying to get greedy. HELL YA!!!

More clutchness anyone????

Pods on 3rd, Gooch on 1st, 2 out, 0-2 count to PK, game tied 2-2 in the bottom of the 8th. Farnsworth pitching to Paulie, the windup, the pitch, a curveball on the outside corner and there it goes!!!!!!! PK takes it over the wall for a 3-Run jack, putting the Sox up 5-2. CLUTCH b****ES!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
El Duque is coming up clutch vs the Cubs. Hey SF101, how do you K 9 with Peavy on All-Star???

well basicly i only throw his plus pitches for strikes... and the not so good ones i throw junk with and hope he swings.... than when i get 2 strikes on him i either throw him a high changeup or a slider going towards him they usually bite on the sliders.... but if i pitched 2 much inside i use the change up.

Okay This game cheats...

Let me tell you how, I am playing as The Sox and have made trades to make money

I Am pitching as Jake Peavy I have a 0-2 Count on Rondell White with a Man on First, and I am up by 2..

I throw a Fastball up and in, out of the stike zone.."ChinMusic" Rondell Somehow manges to hit it 459ft for a HR..

Then 2 innings later

Again up by 2 Man on first, 1 out Brandon INge up.. Fouls the first pitch and then watches as 2 goes right by him for the K.. I say to my self..Well this sets up Pudge for a 2-run HR...

First pitch Low and inside out of the strikezone. near his cold zone.. 439ft later tie game..

I ended up turning the game off I was pissed, I hit the same pitches and wow they are short rollers to the INF..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Okay This game cheats...

Let me tell you how, I am playing as The Sox and have made trades to make money

I Am pitching as Jake Peavy I have a 0-2 Count on Rondell White with a Man on First, and I am up by 2..

I throw a Fastball up and in, out of the stike zone.."ChinMusic"  Rondell Somehow manges to hit it 459ft for a HR..

Then 2 innings later

Again up by 2 Man on first, 1 out Brandon INge up.. Fouls the first pitch and then watches as 2 goes right by him for the K.. I say to my self..Well this sets up Pudge for a 2-run HR...

First pitch Low and inside out of the strikezone. near his cold zone.. 439ft later tie game..

I ended up turning the game off I was pissed, I hit the same pitches and wow they are short rollers to the INF..

I don't know about 2005, but 2004 had a catch up feature to make the games more interesting. Try and look in the options to see if "Catch up" is enabled. BTW, not sure if its actually called catch up, so look for something along those lines.

I don't know about 2005, but 2004 had a catch up feature to make the games more interesting. Try and look in the options to see if "Catch up" is enabled. BTW, not sure if its actually called catch up, so look for something along those lines.

Thanks, I didn't know about that feature, I need to look into that.. Its a little annoying to be up by 4 runs and think I am pretty safe only to give it back up.. Peavy's ERA was 1.24 going into the game and by the end it was 3.54...was a little ticked about that.