Wade Miller non-tendered

SoIL

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like that stat, Cheat, ERA+, and off the top of my head, it seems that the only pitcher with a consistent ERA+ better than his was Pedro.

I'm a big Wade Miller fan, but there's no reason to overstate the case. Pedro, Johnson, Schilling, Schmidt, Oswalt.... Very similar over his career to Wood's ERA+ numbers.

I'm a big Wade Miller fan, but there's no reason to overstate the case.  Pedro, Johnson, Schilling, Schmidt, Oswalt....  Very similar over his career to Wood's ERA+ numbers.

My bad Jackie, I said it wrong.

I kind of meant the second best ERA+ for the 'available' pitchers -- not all pitcher's in general.

Man....I would fricken love to get Wade, this is very good that he was non-tendered because atleast now there are two good free agent starters still available along with Odalis. I wonder if it would be possible to fit Wade and AJ under the budget. It seems there were rumors that Kenny was looking to trade for him, so there might be a pretty good chance that we take a hard look at him on the market. Wow, he'd be an excellent pickup.

Miller want to remain a 'Stro

"Obviously, I got to look at it optimistically," Miller said. "Hopefully I can still get something done with Houston. It's still not over yet. Anything can happen now. I feel good. I'll start throwing in two weeks.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2957230

Red Sox could be interested; :ph34r:

It will be interesting to see if the Red Sox pursue right-hander Wade Miller, who was not offered a contract by the Astros. Miller's name surfaced in the Sox's discussions with the Astros about Roberts.

I'd love Miller on the Southside.

Buehrle

Garcia

Miller

Contreras

Garland

Not too shabby.  Its a shame Kenny won't even give him the time of day.

How do you know that? even if we can't get him this year...we could do what the Yanks did with Lieber...write off this year if his shoulders bad and start him next year.

How do you know that?  even if we can't get him this year...we could do what the Yanks did with Lieber...write off this year if his shoulders bad and start him next year.

I don't know it...just speculating based on the desire for a multi-year contract coming off some injuries. It doesn't sound like Reinsdorf to me. Not one bit.

In any case, I would love to be proven wrong on this.

I don't know it...just speculating based on the desire for a multi-year contract coming off some injuries.  It doesn't sound like Reinsdorf to me.  Not one bit.

In any case, I would love to be proven wrong on this.

Me too...and as I think was said earlier in this thread, the Sox trust Dr. Yocum. I'm sure they will call both Miller and Yocum to see how the arm is progressing. I hope that shoulder is good, cuz he would look great in a Sox uni.