Wade Miller non-tendered

SoIL

Wade Miller will want a multiyear deal, and we know how JR feels about giving multiyear deals to pitchers who he thinks will have injury issues. I don't think there's any chance we go after Miller. However, maybe this will open the door up for Odalis to not be the focal point of the bidding war.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't take him over Clement.  Miller's injuries take him down too many notches.

I'd say there's a very good chance Clement will be injured for some duration of his 3 year deal with the Red Sox, the way his arm is, especially if he throws too many sliders.

if this is true it gets its own thread but im 99% sure its false. but whoever did this set it up really good using the mets home page as the background. its believable to u check the link

http://www.chriscamaj.com/mlbspoof/metssignbeltran/

I saw a headline on onestopbaseball.com that claimed Pujols had been traded to the A's. The link took me to a Cardinal page that had this story along with headlines that said Rolan was traded to the Dogders and Edmonds had retired because his "body couldn't take it anymore." There was a disclaimer at the bottom of the Pujols story saying it was a joke.

Edit. Boy am I having a bad night. It wasn't onestopbaseball.com, it was another site Ican't recall. :huh:

Cheat -- what do you think he'll get, in a market inflated like this one?

Though Rotoworld suggests it, I don't think Boston's pursuit will be that strong, they want to really get Varitek signed now that they got their targeted SP (Clement). Meh, I see the Yankees having some interest, but not a ton. They already have Pavano-Wright-Brown-Vazquez-Mussina, and potentially Randy Johnson in Vazquez' place.

Angels might have some interest, I don't see a lot coming from them though, the Angels GM seems to be pretty content with their rotation as it is.

If Kenny was willing to trade Carlos Lee for Wade Miller (or a package around Miller), then I really hope he pursues Miller hard as hell. I really like that stat, Cheat, ERA+, and off the top of my head, it seems that the only pitcher with a consistent ERA+ better than his was Pedro. Would three years, 18 million, with a chance to make up to 24 million (in incentives -- 24 million including incentives and base salary) be a fair offer?

Miller + Pierzynski/Eckstien, and I'd be a happy kid come Soxfest... :)

Man I would love to get Miller. Interesting line is that he nearly K's hitters as much as he gives up hits which is amazing.

01'

183 hits allowed

183 SO

02'

03'

04'

Also a groundball pitcher which is nice. A solid #3 right there.

Man I would love to get Miller. Interesting line is that he nearly K's hitters as much as he gives up hits which is amazing.

01'

183 hits allowed

183 SO

02'

03'

04'

Ace, I'm tellin ya, I'm giddy now :lol: . If Kenny got us Miller, I'd half forgive him for the Carlos Lee trade, and if he got us Pyrz/Eckstein cheap, then I'd totally forgive him.

No one on this site better make a Wade Miller picture in a White Sox uni, because that hasn't worked out with ONE FA this year. Please, no one make one of those...

01'

183 hits allowed

183 SO

02'

03'

04'

That's AWESOME!!! If his shoulder is back at 100% let's do this.

:headbang

depends how bad they think that shoulder is....

I think to land him it's going to take 2/14 to start.  More years, maybe 3/18 -- who knows. :huh

Last thing i heard about his health. But i think it does not look as good now since they non-tendered him.

Wade Miller, coming back from a shoulder injury, received a clean bill of health from Dr. Lewis Yocum this week. "He's on track to be ready for spring training, according to Dr. Yocum," agent Robert Garber said. "He'll just get ready for spring training and start throwing in January." Since the reports are good, the Astros no longer figure to consider non-tendering Miller.