Orlando Cabrera Signs!

Kalapse

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uribe's just as good as several of the SS's out there, and I really feel he's going to have a solid season knowing he's got the SS spot to himself.

He had 1 Good year...Lets not put him on the 1st ballot just yet, if we would have inked OC, Uribe plays 2nd..

Then sending Harris, and some top prospects to Oak for Hudson..

but your right, I would rather have Clement at 8 mil

Considering, Marky and Garcia don't make that much, if we are going to pay more than those two then they better be a better pitcher...Which clement is not

Clement = Garland.. only difference..

Garland costs 3.4mil

Clement costs 8mil

and I am the Dips*** for wanting a Great DEF SS who would hit in the 2 hole?

:rolly

Um No. Also Uribe> Cabrera and that's before you even take the money situation into the equation.

Clement = Garland.. only difference..

Garland costs 3.4mil

Clement costs 8mil

and I am the Dips*** for wanting a Great DEF SS who would hit in the 2 hole?

:rolly

Uribe is much better defender at SS than Cabrera is.

Better arm, more range.

No buts about it, I know who I'd rather have at SS...

How Many Gold Gloves does Uribe have??????

ANd we wonder why we fail to win in the easiest DIV in baseball??? :rolly

Gold Gloves are popularity contests. When a player can play primarily DH and still win a GG, that tells me all I need to know about the award. It is much like the all-star team in that regard.

Gold Gloves are popularity contests.  When a player can play primarily DH and still win a GG, that tells me all I need to know about the award.  It is much like the all-star team in that regard.

wait so him being in Montreal and winning was a popularity contest.. other than people like us, the AVG fan never heard of Orlando Cabera till the Nomar trade.. so there goes that BS theory out the window

wait so him being in Montreal and winning was  a popularity contest.. other than people like us, the AVG fan never heard of Orlando Cabera till the Nomar trade.. so there goes that BS theory out the window

Care to explain the legitimacy of an award that gives a Gold Glove to a guy who plays 28 game at first base? Or do you have more BS based on faulty pretenses to spout?

last time I check his career ERA is only .5 less than Jon Garland... Yeah thats someone I want to pay more than my top 2 guys for.

You still haven't justified giving Cabrera eight million a year, and you never will.

He's had one good season. He sucks. He'd be an awful two hitter, and I'm glad that this organization (apparently) made no effort to sign him -- one of a few correct decisions this winter, IMHO.

and still waiting on Uribe?

Do you watch baseball?? The point of what Cwsguy said was that gold gloves are complete bs. Juan is 25 and is already a better defender then Cabrera and is a better hitter too. OC is never going to be a number 2 hitter, I'm pretty sure he won't hit 2nd on the angels this year, Cabrera is an overrated and now WAY overpaid player.