Orlando Cabrera Signs!

Kalapse

Which really leaves 4 main teams out there still going hard for starting pitching. The Mariners, the Dodgers, the Nationals and the White Sox.

True Dbaho. I think we can actually outbid the Nationals if necessary and that they're going to have a hard time signing anyone right now. Also L.A. might be in a hold up to do anything until the RJ trade goes through and that will take atleast another week. So hopefully Kenny can get something done quick cause as of right now there are 2 damn good starters out there and there only might be one team we have to bid against, just something to think about.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least with the Mariners as well, they could have to move Ryan Franklin or Gil Meche before they sign a starter. There will be another team out there who's definitely still looking for a starter like Perez or Miller though.

At least with the Mariners as well, they could have to move Ryan Franklin or Gil Meche before they sign a starter as well. There will be another team out there who's definitely still looking for a starter like Perez or Miller though.

I agree. Everyone seems to have things hampering them from signing a starter except the White Sox. Kenny has to act fast and get one of these guys. Act fast so other teams might not be interested yet. Either way I'm sure Kenny is going to have a lot of interest in Wade Miller, I think that is the next guy he's going to make a run at, I think it'll be Wade or bust as far as the free agent starting pitchers go.

This is a move that will bite us in the ass..Yet another Quality player gone from the FA pool.

So you'd rather spend $32 million over 4 years on an infielder who in the first half of 2004 hit .233 from April to June, instead of filling the main need of this ballclub which is a starter and a catcher. Can you try and show me the justification in that? ;)

So you'd rather spend $32 million over 4 years on an infielder who in the first half of 2004 hit .233 from April to June, instead of filling the main need of this ballclub which is a starter and a catcher. Can you try and show me the justification in that?  ;)

And who was hitting behind OC then? Watch as he as a HUGE season, this year, and we watch as Uribe plays like he did last year..or worse.

NO, I am asking you a very simple question did you or did you not want

matt Clement at 8 mil per year?

Yes. $8M is too much for Clement, but that's the way the market is for pitching right now. Leber, Pavano, Ortiz, and Benson all got $7M+ a year too; they were practicaly nobodys too. I don't see how you can justify $8M for a SS like Cabrera. I feel much better about Uribe at SS than I would Cabrera.

Basically for the reasons already stated.

We need a #3 SP, or any SP at that. Uribe's just as good as several of the SS's out there, and I really feel he's going to have a solid season knowing he's got the SS spot to himself.