Contact Eckstein

S720

WSCR just reported that the Sox has contacted Eckstein's agent. No other further news. If we get Eckstein, the Carlos Lee's trade has truly panned out for the Sox.

Trade Carlos Lee and we get money for:

1) Podsednik

2) Vizcaino

3) El Duque

4) Eckstein

5) A minor league prospect (PTBNL)

Wow!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Eck gonna cost us?

Who else is looking at him?

Do we play him over Willie?...if so, trade Willie?....platoon him and Willie?

Does Eck play other infield positions?

Cost: 1-3 million per

Dont know who's looking at him

We DO play him over Willie.

Eck plays SS and 2B.

Hope I answered ur questions. :lol:

Technically the Cards have as much payroll flexibility as the Sox do, maybe even less. And no I don't think they outbid the Sox. The cards are just like the Sox, interested in both and may get one...not both.

And the Sox will definately guarantee either one of them the starting job.

Loves him so much that he has spent all winter looking at options to replace him...

KW compared the progress of Harris to that of Lee, and we as fans should give harris the time to have him Develop. It was in an arctile last year this time, when he made it offical that Harris was our 2b.

Thats another reason I dislike KW, comparing HArris to lee hoping to sway the fans to think that starting Harris at 2b last year was going to be great for this team.

If were looking for primarily for a SS, it's Eck. If were looking primarily for a 2B, its Cora. If were looking for both, it's Eck. But something tells me that one of these 3 names will pop up:

Barry Larkin

Pokey Reese

Mark Grudzialanek

I definately lean towards Eckstein, just for the reason he is primarily a SS. It is much easier for him to adjust to 2B.

KW compared the progress of Harris to that of Lee, and we as fans should give harris the time to have him Develop. It was in an arctile last year this time, when he made it offical that Harris was our 2b.

Thats another reason I dislike KW, comparing HArris to lee hoping to sway the fans to think that starting Harris at 2b last year was going to be great for this team.

God forbid KW talk up a player on his team.... He spent the last month talking up Jason Grilli while talking to everyone and their brothers to try to find another fifth starter. Actions speak louder than words here...

To me, it all depends on where Uribe will play. If he plays SS, I want Cora but if he plays 2B, which I think he should, I want Eck. If were looking to switch them day to day at SS and 2B, I still want Eck. BUT, if Uribe will SURELY play everyday at SS, then get me Grudz as an EVERYDAY 2B.