Another 2B gone

C_LEE45

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Who cares? He sucks. He is not an improvement over willie.

Well, it could mean one less suitor for Cairo. (Cards were still in the running for him last I heard, but that was a while ago, so maybe not.) I don't agree that Grudz sucks, though, seems like a pretty good hitter to me.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Well, it could mean one less suitor for Cairo.  (Cards were still in the running for him last I heard, but that was a while ago, so maybe not.)  I don't agree that Grudz sucks, though, seems like a pretty good hitter to me.

Butcher in the field. Does not even look like he knows what he is doing out there.

I feel sorry for all the Cardinal fans...

This guy wass the worst of all the second basemen on the market (and yes that was counting Robbie Alomar). I like David Eckstien but that MI of theirs is going to have the worse range of any in baseball.

I just expected them to do so much better then that Scrub.

Geeze, I don't get the hatred for Grudz. This was a good pickup and I'd of been quite pleased had the Sox gotten him. I've watched this guy for years and he's nothing but a class act. Hits for a good average when healthy and will do everything you ask of him even though he has limited physical talent.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
Butcher in the field. Does not even look like he knows what he is doing out there.

Well, yeah, that's always been the knock on him. But he hasn't gotten any worse recently, and it's been good enough for him to be an asset for a number of teams.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
I feel sorry for all the Cardinal fans...

This guy wass the worst of all the second basemen on the market (and yes that was counting Robbie Alomar). I like David Eckstien but that MI of theirs is going to have the worse range of any in baseball.

I just expected them to do so much better then that Scrub.

true they now have too many infielders, im guessing they are going to use robbie alomar to pinch run, because they have eckstein and now grudz, they have a mess in the infield

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
true they now have too many infielders, im guessing they are going to use robbie alomar to pinch run, because they have eckstein and now grudz, they have a mess in the infield

Alomar is not signed yet. Has not been made official yet that i know of.

The Cardinals may have a deal with Roberto Alomar in place, but it probably won't be announced until next week.

"Obviously there is interest on our behalf," said Cardinals spokesman Brian Bartow. "But no formal announcement is expected in the foreseeable future." Alomar is expected to get a non-guaranteed $500,000 contract from St. Louis.