Javier Vasquez to the Sox????

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Today's Washington Post has the Sox as one of the finalist to get Vasquez from AZ.  If  the Sox can acquire him as well as a middle infielder we are going to be one of the best teams in  the American League

Not if we lose Kong and Garland. IMHO.

this guy has played way better than Garland over his career and has one bad half of a season and people are talking like he's esteban loaiza after getting a 3 run HR lead. He's ten times better than Garland and the league knows that he's better than Garland....saying anything different is just speaking out of your ass. Look at the career stats and you'll see. Vazquez and Garland don't belong in the same breath.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I really don't want Vazquez here.

Does he have better "stuff" then Garland? More then likely. Does he have so much better stuff that he's worth over 6 Mil dollars more then Garland? NO WAY IN HELL!

Not only that i've heard he can opt out of his contract at the end of the year if he doesn't like us or make us trade him. So if he tanks it and he forces a trade then we'd be giving Garland and whatever prospect for s***.

I don't want him here. We have a pretty good idea what Garland will do, he's done it the last three years. For all we know Vazquez could get lit up in the cell. No way should we pay 6 mil more plus prospects for a maybe!

He can't opt out of his contract, he can demand a trade after the season though. The trade demand is a bit of an empty threat though because if the team doesn't trade him by March 15 I think it is he has to recind his demand or opt for free agency and he would be stupid to walk away from all that guarenteed money.

Okay, say we were to trade Garland and Konerko for him. What if we did that and got Dough Mientkiewicz(seems to be pissed off about PT and Boston is pissed off he won't give back the ball) and also end up signing Iguchi with the leftover dough. Also wouldn't we have money left over(a little bit at least) to pursue a mid season trade???

so PK+ Garland = Vazquez, Iguchi, and Mientkiewicz

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
Okay, say we were to trade Garland and Konerko for him. What if we did that and got Dough Mientkiewicz(seems to be pissed off about PT and Boston is pissed off he won't give back the ball) and also end up signing Iguchi with the leftover dough. Also wouldn't we have money left over(a little bit at least) to pursue a mid season trade???

We already brought one alphabet soup from Minnesota in...no need for another.

Besides...his statistics do not warrant him coming in for $1 mill, let alone the $3-4 he will end up getting. I would rather Ross Gload start for us over Doug Mientkiewicz.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 7, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)

Batting clean up for the White Sox .... Carl Everett. I don't like the sound of that.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
I'm curious, why not? If he can revert to 2003 form, I would be very happy with that.

Most of Everett's stats were accumulated during the first half of '03 with Texas. He was "ok" with the Sox, but not someone I'd want to build a lineup around. Then you get into the issue of "if". I mean, "if" he can get back to being slightly above average .... no thanks.

• 2 months later...