Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
...then what happened???

I swear, I hate it when people start to tell a story and then never finish it.

Then they sunk the Titanic while Celine Dion sangduh

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
Can anyone help me by naming a song from the 1990's or 2000's that is a protest song?

Weren't there like entire cds out in that genre during the last election?

Moving right along... I used to somewhat enjoy the Xmas season on TV, what with the Clydesdales clomping through the snow, Santa riding a shaver, etc. When did I miss the complete takeover of the airwaves by Jewelry shops? If I hear one jingle in particular one more time (hint J.._!..L), I swear I'm going to wring someone's neck.

It would probably be worse if I actually knew anyone I wanted to buy jewelry for.

Moving right along... I used to somewhat enjoy the Xmas season on TV, what with the Clydesdales clomping through the snow, Santa riding a shaver, etc.  When did I miss the complete takeover of the airwaves by Jewelry shops?  If I hear one jingle in particular one more time (hint J.._!..L), I swear I'm going to wring someone's neck.

It would probably be worse if I actually knew anyone I wanted to buy jewelry for.

TIVO.

I bought one over four years ago and have zipped past commercials ever since. Of course, that means I'm just that much more in the dark regarding another category of cultural references.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
TIVO.

I bought one over four years ago and have zipped past commercials ever since.  Of course, that means I'm just that much more in the dark regarding another category of cultural references.

You're not missing anything. :lol:

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
Sucka, you’d best not be implying stuff about my viewing habits re Miss Janet and that boy twit.

Not at all. :bang

I just figured that even someone who has kicked the TV ad habit might get a smile from some of the Super Bowl spots.

Not at all. :bang

I just figured that even someone who has kicked the TV ad habit might get a smile from some of the Super Bowl spots.

I’m embarrassed to admit on a sports board that I can’t remember the last Super Bowl I bothered to watch. I record every Bears game (talk about zipping through something in years gone by), but I’m not much of a football fan.

Funny, but last Super Bowl I meant to record it JUST to watch the commercials, but forgot all about it.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 05:33 AM)
I’m embarrassed to admit on a sports board that I can’t remember the last Super Bowl I bothered to watch.  I record every Bears game (talk about zipping through something in years gone by), but I’m not much of a football fan.

Funny, but last Super Bowl I meant to record it JUST to watch the commercials, but forgot all about it.

That's about what I do. The Super Bowl is pretty much crap now. Well, this year it might not be.

Since I don't want to step on toes in the Lennon thread, and I don't think too many are going to be familiar with this guys passing, but he was a HUGE part of my life in musical influences, and this is the anniversary of his death:

84_vince_razzle.jpg

Edited by Kid Gleason

Crap. We had to write critiques of everyone in my seminar's NSF grant proposals. And mine were WAAAAAAAAAAAAY harsher than everyone else's. I can't tell if I'm an elitist b**** or just a plain old b****.

Crap.

Guess I won't have friends again this year. . .

Crap. We had to write critiques of everyone in my seminar's NSF grant proposals. And mine were WAAAAAAAAAAAAY harsher than everyone else's. I can't tell if I'm an elitist b**** or just a plain old b****.

Crap.

“Well, Ms Trashalot presents a positively unprofessional appearance when she comes to the lab wearing these skanky lime green mini skirts with throw back white patent leather go-go boots, and……What? Oh, you mean critique their proposals. Uh, I’ll get back to you on that. Sorry.”

QUOTE(Soxy @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)

Crap.

Way to scuttle the competition. Just like a real scientist. ;)

Just wait until you get to be on the comittee to review the proposals. Now that's power. :D

I don't know what the rest of y'all are doing tonight...but I just feel the urge to jump up and down on my 2 bad knees right now pumping my fists.

Why?

I just turned in my last final project and final exam. So, God willing if I pass those 2 courses...I am completely done with course work. Completely done. As in...I never have to take another class in my life. Ever. After over 20 years, counting every level.

Yippee. Now I get to actually have dinner.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
I don't know what the rest of y'all are doing tonight...but I just feel the urge to jump up and down on my 2 bad knees right now pumping my fists.

Why?

I just turned in my last final project and final exam.  So, God willing if I pass those 2 courses...I am completely done with course work.  Completely done.  As in...I never have to take another class in my life.  Ever.  After over 20 years, counting every level.

Yippee.  Now I get to actually have dinner.

Face it, you're a lifer. You'll be back to coursework for something or another in a few years. :D