Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Evil Misquoter @ Dec 13, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Got this from a STUDENT today:

Thank you for the clarificatio Soxy, you have been a lot of help.  You

have proven not only to be beautiful but kind and friendly as well, a rare

combination..  Thanks again, and have a nice vacation, check enclosed...

He called you Soxy? :huh and how much was the check for?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)

He called you Soxy?

:huh and how much was the check for?

haha

I wish there was a check. . .

But it was seriously the funniest thing ever, this kid has come to my office hours a couple of time--and I try really hard to learn all my students' names, but no clue who this one was. Funniest thing is, he wasn't even asking for anything in the e-mail. Undergrads are so weird.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
haha

I wish there was a check. . .

But it was seriously the funniest thing ever, this kid has come to my office hours a couple of time--and I try really hard to learn all my students' names, but no clue who this one was. Funniest thing is, he wasn't even asking for anything in the e-mail. Undergrads are so weird.

You must have mesmerized him.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Or, more likely, he was stoned off his ass. I have no illusions about my students.  :D

LMAO, :lolhitting

Dude, let's get really high and think about soxy, that would be soooo cooool. Maybe I'll send her an email

No way!

Way!

Our future is safe in their hands.

I had the most painful experience of my life earlier this afternoon. Two wisdom teeth were extracted; one from beneath my gums, the other a fully exposed tooth.

Despite the application of novocaine, the pressure my dentist applied onto my jawline for the extraction of the burrowed tooth was nearly unbearable. Imagine a prolonged stabbing feeling extending from your jaw through the top of your ear. Using a McBaine voice, THE NOVOCAINE DID NOTHING. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes in total, but it felt like an eternity.

Didn't help matters once the tooth was jossled loose from my gums, the dentist used a saw to slice an section of my gums to remove the tooth. I had the sense it was going to be a painful recovery period when Vikatan was prescribed.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Damn...I have to get my wisdom teeth pulle soon.

I'm scared as s***.

i had to have 4 teeth pulled before i got braces like 5 years ago.

Not exactly good times.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Damn...I have to get my wisdom teeth pulle soon.

I'm scared as s***.

Are any of your wisdom teeth located below the gums? If so, you may want to consider anesthesia. Personally, I didn't like the idea; but if I had to have another tooth removed below my gumline, I'd do it without question. It's just not a pleasant experience hearing your tooth and gum line sawed apart while whincing in pain.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Are any of your wisdom teeth located below the gums? If so, you may want to consider anesthesia. Personally, I didn't like the idea; but if I had to have another tooth removed below my gumline, I'd do it without question. It's just not a pleasant experience hearing your tooth and gum line sawed apart while whincing in pain.

If that's a choice, I'm taking it. Then I want all the painkillers that are legal.