Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

So, I just met with the professor I'm TAing with who is very nice, but so incredibly disorganized it physically hurts me. The class is some kind of multi-cultural thing and, yeah. We have "visitors" I'm supposed to coordinate once a week. So, in two weeks is lesbian week, so where does one find lesbians? And how does that teach sensitivity: look class, look at the lesbians!

I'm so not happy about this.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
So, I just met with the professor I'm TAing with who is very nice, but so incredibly disorganized it physically hurts me. The class is some kind of multi-cultural thing and, yeah. We have "visitors" I'm supposed to coordinate once a week. So, in two weeks is lesbian week, so where does one find lesbians? And how does that teach sensitivity: look class, look at the lesbians!

Here's how I find lesbians.

I start hitting on a women in a bar -- buy her a drink, you know, the usual. -- then you ask her if she wants to ride the ole trouser snake. When she slaps me or says no. That's a lesbian.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)

I start hitting on a women in a bar -- buy her a drink, you know, the usual. -- then you ask her if she wants to ride the ole trouser snake. When she slaps me or says no. That's a lesbian.

So you're saying every woman is a lesbian???

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)

But I don't have a trouser snake with which to test this tried and true methodolgy!

Road Trip!!

Home > Travel

Dykes Night Out in New York City

Click here to join the savviest gay travelers: TravelGuide subscribers!

PROMOTION

By Eva Leonard

New York City's lesbian nightlife is fascinatingly varied, with everything from chic to grunge to granola. And there's always a chance you'll run into celebrity dykes out on the town.

Gotham has seen an explosion in the popularity of drag kings who perform wickedly funny routines for their admirers. Parties and drag king shows such as those at Club Casanova, No Man's Land, Shescape, Her/She Bar, She-Bang and WOW! (World of Women) attract thousands of women from all over the area every week. Venues and parties change frequently, so pick up a copy of HX for Her and flip to Dyke Dish for a weekly update. You can find HX for Her at the Lesbian & Gay Community Services Center and other locations throughout the city.

While the city as a whole is a nightlife mecca for lesbians, Greenwich Village has long been a haven for and is home to most of the city's lesbian bars. Names may change, but lesbian bars in New York essentially stay the same. For instance, the Cubbyhole (281 W. 12th St.; Tel: 212-243-9041), once at the current location of Henrietta Hudson, is now at the location formerly known as D.T.'s. It's enough to make your head spin.

Twenty-something slacker babes hang at Meow Mix, New York's newest lesbian bar, art, and performance space. Catch lesbian rock band performances, dance to your favorite '70s hits or glimpse celebrities who sometimes drop in, such as Chastity Bono and Ellen De Generes. 269 E. Houston at Suffolk. Tel: 212-673-9143.

Rubyfruit Bar & Grill is a cozy spot that sports a crown motif, comfy couches and a down-to-earth crowd of women. Celebs including Melissa Etheridge and Martina Navratilova have hung out in the bar upstairs. 531 Hudson St., Tel: 212-929-3343.

Henrietta Hudson is a West Village gathering spot that attracts a wide mix of lesbians, from professionals to grunge girls. Madonna has even stopped in to scout dancers for her Girlie Show. Be sure to greet Storme de Larverie, Henrietta's 70-something security girl and one of the first male impersonators to tour the country in the world-famous Jewel Box Review. 438 Hudson St. Tel: 212-924-3347.

Also in the West Village, just around the corner from hopping gay restaurant Universal Grill and a five-minute walk from Henrietta Hudson, you'll find Crazy Nanny's. Nanny's is a popular two-level bar with dance floor and pool table that attracts a down-to-earth, diverse crowd, from rock-and-roll chicks to celebratory softball team members. On weekends Nanny's is usually packed (cover varies), and on some nights patrons can enjoy live entertainment.

When you think of Julie's, think pastels and suburban living. This diminutive bar, which could double for a Holiday Inn lounge near an airport, is where midtown office managers stop for a drink before the trek home to New Jersey. 204 E. 58th St. Tel: 212-688-1294.

At Clit Club, the music is hot and the women are hotter. Women of all ages and sizes shed their blouses and sweat on the packed dance floor. Go-go dancers groove on the main bar, and in the dimly lit basement you'll find racy videos and a pool table. 432 W. 14th St. Tel: 212-529-3300.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)

Seriously, isn't there a gay and lesbian club on campus, or has that become so last century?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
That link f***ed with my computer severly!!! I ended up having to shut down.

Firefox just puked on it as well. IE worked fine. Depends on what plug ins you have loaded.

So adding to the list of stupid things I've done, closing my locker at work, and leaving my wallet which had the padlock key in it, in the locker. So the next 20 mins I proceeded to saw off my lock, and then the saw broke. Most frustrating half hour for a long, long time. :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
So adding to the list of stupid things I've done, closing my locker at work, and leaving my wallet which had the padlock key in it, in the locker. So the next 20 mins I proceeded to saw off my lock, and then the saw broke. Most frustrating half hour for a long, long time.  :bang

wait until you discover it isn't your locker :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Sorry boys.... "Because I want it" is not a good enough reason to spend many thousands of $$'s on a CC membership...  :nono

Don't even worry about the ID and dues. It's the UPS guy bringing the monthly statement that really does it. Is it an equity club? Then you get the periodic assessment for special projects or repairs.

Still I miss the hanging out on the putting green on a Thursday evening with my buddies, making stupid bets, drinking a couple beers.

I just found out how fit I am, not very at all. I had 5 minutes to run about 3/4 mile from my car park to hand in my assignment, let's just say I was gasping for air by the end of it. :crying

But I can imagine trying to do it in Arizona in 100+ weather, I'd collapse after about 15 to 20 secs, I'd think. :bang

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
Don't even worry about the ID and dues. It's the UPS guy bringing the monthly statement that really does it. Is it an equity club? Then you get the periodic assessment for special projects or repairs.

Still I miss the hanging out on the putting green on a Thursday evening with my buddies, making stupid bets, drinking a couple beers.

It's Medinah... and it's $88K and then $2K a month which includes NOTHING (no food or drink allowance). And no, NO equity. Ehh... pass.