Cora to Cleveland

sircaffey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Iguchi thing has been quite for over a week. I think Kenny's interest in him has died out. It's either trade or nothing IMO.

Good point Beck. The middle IF was KW's first priority when the offseason started. And now he just settles with what it is? I don't buy it, i smell trade..............

Like everyone else here has said, the Sox have something else up their sleeve here.

If they really felt they couldn't get Iguchi, they wouldn't have let Cora slip away. I'm sure all they would've had to do was make the call an he would've jumped here to be with Joey.

So it's Iguchi, or a trade. I'd lean more towards Iguchi.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Wasn't he already sold to Japan?

No.

Mariners waived infielder Jolbert Cabrera for the purposes of giving him his unconditional release.

Unless an MLB team really wants him, it appears that Cabrera will head to Japan.

are you sure? :P

http://www.canada.com/sports/baseball/stor...21-02f84883473f

Several U.S. teams - including the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Houston Astros and Detroit Tigers - showed interest in signing Batista, but none came close to matching Fukuoka's offer, Batista said.

The Hawks also announced Tuesday they have signed former Seattle Mariners infielder Jolbert Cabrera.

Cabrera, who can play both outfield and infield, batted .270 last season for the Mariners while driving in 47 runs in 113 games.

The Hawks were sold by troubled retailer Daiei Inc. to Japanese Internet service provider Softbank Corp. for five billion yen ($58.6 million Cdn) in November.

and that was as of 1-12-05

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
are you sure?  :P

http://www.canada.com/sports/baseball/stor...21-02f84883473f

and that was as of 1-12-05

Damn, cannot believe i missed that big news. :lol: I still think he would have been a very solid pick-up. He can play a s*** load of positions fairly well.

Edit: Pretty weird that rotoworld missed that one. They usually are on top of these things, like when a player goes to japan.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Cleveland can have him.

Why do people think the Sox are in desperate and dire straits? I think Willie can handle 2B just fine. Defensively he is a good ball player and has the skills to improve as a base stealer and a hitter. He has shown some good talent. Every free agent out there that signs with a club is lamented as being the next Babe Ruth for the Sox. We don't need this guy.