2005 Birmingham Barons

BHAMBARONS

Hello

I am new to the board, I am from Birmingham Alabama this upcoming season will be my 4th as a season ticket holder. I heard about the site through the Barons Booster Club. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what the 2005 barons might look like.

Thanks Tom

Welcome to the boards. Rex is definitely the expert when it comes to Birmingham, but I'll have a stab at it;

Catcher - Chris Stewart

1B - Travis Hinton

2B - Antoin Grey

3B - Josh Fields

SS - Pedro Lopez or Andy Gonzalez

LF - Casey Rogowski or Scott Bikowski

CF - Brian Anderson or another outfielder like Blakley or Spidale

RF - Thomas Brice or Ryan Sweeney

Starter #1 - Brandon McCarthy

Starter #2 - Eduardo Villacis

Starter #3 - Jim Bullard

Starter #4 - Sean Tracey

Starter #5 - Heath Phillips

Bullpen Members:

Fabio Castro

B.J LaMura

Josh Fields or Matt Smith

Dwayne Pollok

Enemencio Pacheco perhaps

QUOTE(Bullard @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
i dont think that prediction is very accurate.  i am pretty sure i will not be in Birmingham.  The starters will most likely be BMAC, Tracey, Honel, Etc. Etc.

hey how was your offeseason???

best of luck in 2005

QUOTE(Bullard @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
i dont think that prediction is very accurate.  i am pretty sure i will not be in Birmingham.  The starters will most likely be BMAC, Tracey, Honel, Etc. Etc.

Well that's good to hear on your perspective there Bull. Are you hoping to make the rotation for the Knights, or do you think they may move you back to the pen Bull?

Hey - welcome.

I think it will be interesting to see how Hinton and Rogwolski hit this year - that should give the Barons some power. It would be nice to see if Collaro could make the huge leap from Rookie ball up to AA. Maybe later in the year?

Villacis and McCarthy should anchor the starting pitching staff.

Does anyone know where Frank Campos will start the year. He's old, but had a great season down in Mexico this winter...

http://southsideadventures.blogspot.com/

Rogo deserves to be there as do many others. As the players move up, I still watch their progress and cheer them on. Hopefully, I can make a trip to carolina when they play the Mudcats. But i will see them when they get to Charlotte. Best of luck to all my former Warthogs!

QUOTE(Bullard @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Hopefully i can find my way into the rotation, but if i got to be in the pen i will do it.

We're crossing our fingers for you Jim. You have put in the time and have done everything they have asked of you. Hopefully this year you breakout and get some headlines.

Just gonna add my two cents.

C - My guess is they go with a veteran

1B - Hinton

2nd - Lopez/Gonzo

SS - Gonzo/Lopez

3rd - Fields

LF - Rogo

CF - Anderson

RF - Sweeney

DH/Utility - Thomas Brice (He'll probably get quite a bit of field time as well)

Rotation

Bmac

Tracey

Heath Phillips

Not going to garner who the other starters are but Meaux, or Bull could potentially fit in there although hopefully they make it to Charlotte. You could also see Lumsden get pushed, but I'd like to see him get more time in A ball.

Bullpen will probably have Matt Smith as one of the anchors. Once again its a tough call because most likely the guys that juts miss Charlotte's squad will slide in and fit in as pretty good relievers with the Barons. I think the Barons will have a fun team to watch.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
According to my super secret source (Bullard), the key is being roomate with Bull. Your last two Bull roomies: Jeff Baj, Matt Smith. Maybe he'll room with Bik if Smith is in Charlotte. :)

Either that or if Bull is back in Birmingham, they had better put Brandon in that room :)