When Maggs comes to the Cell

GoArow33

When Magglio comes to the cell would you rather boo him or give him a standing ovation.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. When Magglio comes to the cell would you rather boo him or give him a standing ovation.

• Boo him (greedy a$$hole)
    • Give him a Standing O (what great things he did for us)

More importantly when the Tigers come to town I'll be targeting the seats behind the Tig's pen. Normally I try for the ones behind the Sox pen.

Then I can heckle Maggs throughout the game. :D

I do that to the players I want to win against the most.

I will really miss Carlos in LF. He was a nice guy. :(

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
see, my problem isn't the "greed"

it's more of the goign to the papers with so much s***.

those "parting words" in the other thread was just uncalled for

Ditto. The greed really doesn't bother me because there are a ton of players like that, it's the way he left, he's a jackass and I hope he rots in Motown.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
agreed.

We could have one round of boos for all the greedy a$$holes like Hermanson who switched teams for more money.

you cant quote ayn rand in you sig and then complain about people taking advantage of their most economically beneficial opportunity, which happens to be making the most money possible.

i dont understand why anyone will boo him. Yes he did say some things about management, but the fact the matter is that he provided us with many great years of service. I would like to think that white sox fans would be appreciative of that fact adn applaud what he has done for our organization..

QUOTE(kwill @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
i dont understand why anyone will boo him. Yes he did say some things about management, but the fact the matter is that he provided us with many great years of service. I would like to think that white sox fans would be appreciative of that fact adn applaud what he has done for our organization..

if he'd left under good terms, yeah i would be applauding him.

the fact that he goes to the papers about s*** and tries to make the sox look bad ruins all that for him

I would just do what Yasny suggested - just sit there in silence. Hate is not the opposite of love - indifference is.

I don't fault or blame the Sox at all for letting him go. The Sox weren't the ones playing "cloak and dagger" with his medical records - that was Maggs and his agent. Maggs ripping on the Sox was a classless and bitter thing to do - but he's not the first athlete to tear into his former team, and he certainly won't be the last.

I appreciated what Maggs did for the Sox for 6 years, but he's the enemy now, so I want to beat him just as much as I want to beat every other Tiger player.

QUOTE(Pastime @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
I appreciated what Maggs did for the Sox for 6 years.

Believe me, this is not be being bitter after a player leaves, but..what exactly did he do for the Sox? :huh

I've watched many many many Sox games in the Magglio era, and is there 1 moment involving him that stands out in my mind? Honestly, the ONLY one that comes to mind is him colliding with Willie Harris last year. And thankfully that happened - otherwise, we might have done something stupid and mortaged our future to sign him to a Tiggerish contract.

I've changed my mind. I'll probably just shake my head. Regardless of who boo's around me. Putting this whole thing in perspective when I read the Maggs quote in the couch article about him waiting & hoping for the Sox to offer arbitration how can I fault this guy? How can I call him greedy?

You need to consider what that quote means. Coming off a bad year arbitration means he's willing to play for the Sox at a 20-25% reduction in pay over last yr's salary. It's decided How can you call that greedy?

Now if you choose to believe he's lying & he never intended to accept arbitration with the Sox then go ahead & call him greedy & boo him if you must but Maggs has never said or done anything in the past that would make us believe he was lying now.