Fact or Fiction

aboz56

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Fact or Fiction: A White Sox starting pitcher will win 20 games this season.

Fact....I think Buehrle will be a 20 game winner with Garcia coming right behind him and getting quite close

Fact or Fiction: Willie Harris will be on the White Sox opening day roster.

Fact....Regardless of Iguchi's potential, he's still unproven and because of that the Sox are going to keep Willie as a backup plan.  I also am a firm believer that if dealt, Willie will have a good major league career.

Fact or Fiction: Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez will toss more than 140 innings this season.

Fiction.  No chance in hell. 

Fact or Fiction: Shingo Takatsu will record more than 30 saves this season.

Fact.  This team has a good bullpen and he's gonna get plenty of save opportunities.  He's got a nasty changeup to go with his fastball and since he doesn't depend on his velocity I tend to think he's one of those guys that can be sucessful even as he continues to get older. 

Fact or Fiction: Scott Podsednik will set a career high in both batting average and OBP this season.

Fiction...I think he will have a good season, but he's not going to put up the rookie numbers in hitting. 

Fact or Fiction: Frank Thomas will play in more than 120 games this season.

Fiction...unless we are adding playoff games into the mix.

Fact or Fiction: Carl Everett will get more than 350 at-bats this season.

Fact.  Most definately.  Carl is going to be a bigtime contributor and you'll see him have a very good season in a type of 10th man role. 

Fact or Fiction: A White Sox starter other than Mark Buehrle or Freddy Garcia will throw a complete game shutout this season.

Fact.  Jon Garland will as will Contreras.  El Duque will not throw a complete game and the Sox would be nuts if they let him considering how fragile he is. 

And finally....Fact or Fiction: The White Sox will win the American League Central in 2005.

Fact...they have the bullpen and lineup to do it, assuming the rotation stays healthy and Contreras and Garland can improve and pitch close to there potential, this team has staying power.

Aside from my Shingo line, I was pretty on the money.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic