Under/Over

SkokieSox

Will the Sox win Over/Under 83.5 games  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sox win Over/Under 83.5 games

• Over 83.5 games -130
    • Under 83.5 games +100

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
Who do you have in first and second?

Minny and either Cleveland or Detroit surprises, but not both. I'm not totally enamored with some of the changes. If we had picked up a couple .300 hitters and not .270 with speed, I'd be drinking more of the Koolaid.

I think we treaded water in right field. Maggs not signing helped a lot. I'd rather beging into the season with Dye or any of two dozen other starting RFs then the 2005 Maggs. (I would rather have had the 2000-2003 Maggs in a heart beat)

Center keeps getting better.

Lee is better than Pods.

Up the middle are question marks. Could be boom or bust. On one hand the Japan to MLB road is becoming well traveled and seemingly everyone that has made the jump plays well. Is it time for a bust? And wouldn't it be our luck to sign the first one?

Kong has been up and down from year to year. I expect a solid season but who knows?

Is Crede finally going to reach the stardom that was predicted?

Is AJ a cancer or MVP? Will our rotation have the same complaints as SF? Will a return to the AL especially the Central, where he would seemingly need less study time help?

Rotation has a health issue or two and we know our system is razor thin with SP. If these 5 all stay reasonably healthy, 3rd place becomes one huge disappointment. 1 injury towards the top and we may cover, two and adios season.

Gotta love our bullpen depth. I am holding my breath that Shingo continues to deceive. However I hear the Who singing We Don't Get Fooled Again once the league has more than 35 seconds of tape and tendencies to show their hitters.

Frank? Jurassic Carl? Weight loss, foot injury, how much to expect? Gload could be valuable here by season's end.

I read the reasons we should win the division and agree, it could happen.

I read the reasons we should be 4th in the division and agree, it could happen.

Pick a spot 1-4 and I can easily see it happening.

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 06:01 AM)
85 wins, but still a couple behind those pesky Twinkies.

The Sox won 86 games last year with no 5th starter, no real lead-off man, and with their 2 biggest offensive weapons out for more than half the season.

I don't quite see why you would think we'd regress to 85 wins. Please explain. :huh