Sammy sosa's mistakes

"For the 13 years I was in Chicago, I only made two mistakes. That's pretty good," he said. "If I had known that leaving early last year would have caused such a controversy, I would have never done it. My manager told me I had a day off. But what can I say?"

I guess the second mistake was using your "practice bat" in a game .

does anybody else find this oddly depressing? I hate to have to LEARN to hate Cubs. With Sosa and Alou, it was so natural. I knwo that have Dusty, Zambrano, and Wood but it's just not the same. Especially without the worst announcer of all time yelling "He gone" after a sox player strikes out.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
does anybody else find this oddly depressing? I hate to have to LEARN to hate Cubs. With Sosa and Alou, it was so natural. I knwo that have Dusty, Zambrano, and Wood but it's just not the same. Especially without the worst announcer of all time yelling "He gone" after a sox player strikes out.

Clowns come and go, but it's still the same circus.

I could care less about the actual players, though. I'm just severely annoyed by Cub culture (not necessarily related to what they put on the field).

The new ESPN article is hilarious.

Wood saying that he didnt mean Sosa leaving was bad, just the Cubs improved over the offseason. Who exactly did they gain? I guess Hairston and Burnitz are immense improvements over Sosa and Alou. (Personally dislike Alou and Sosa, but no way would I be so foolish as to think Burnitz + Hollandsworth + Hairston will equal their output.)

Second, Baker unintentionally admits that he did give Sosa the day off. All Sosa has ever asserted was Baker gave him the day off, Baker finally admits that the night before he told the trainer Sosa could have the day off.

Personally,

I think that

Sosa > Baker

Baker is perhaps one of the worst managers that I have ever seen. Who gives the game ball to their pitcher before the game is over? Who blames the heat when the white people dont produce? Who blames the media when his players arent doing well? Who blames his player when he says he can have the day off?

Its Dusty we trusty.

SB