A New Addition

kapkomet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
No accidents the first night of him home!  Yay!

He's really mild mannered, I'm pretty amazed.

I had another name idea... If its a girl (I can't remember what you said on the phone last night) you ought to name it after nutjob that set you and A up. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
I had another name idea... If its a girl (I can't remember what you said on the phone last night) you ought to name it after nutjob that set you and A up. :P

Yea, that will fly over like a religion thread in SLaP. Like not at all.

:bang

He's a HE and I think we're going to call him Puck.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Nice...

I have a dog of my own (Beagle) and never get bored of him. Dogs can be a great companion.

Don’t forget to take pictures.  ;)

My buddy has a beagle named Maggie Lee after Maggs and Carlos. I think he'll have to change her name now.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
We figure about 50 lbs. 

That's pretty good size but not terribly huge.

I bet you $50 you're off by a good 20 lbs. Ginger was 8 lbs when we got her (16 weeks old) and her paws weren't anywhere near the size of yours.. she's 63 lbs now

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Yikes, Steff...How big IS Ginger, and will there be any more growth???

LOL.. she looks like a monster next to Abby doesn't she. Abby is only 12 lbs though. Don't think Ginger's gonna get any bigger.. she's been hovering at 60lbs for the past 6 to 8 months.

:crying :crying :crying

Our puppy has parvo.

Since he's fairly big, he has a pretty good chance of beating it, assuming we spend the money to get him fixed up.

*sigh*

We have had the worst time with pets this year. One cat has diabetes, she has done well with treatment. Then my other cat got it (different litter) and we had to put her to sleep three weeks ago, and now this.

:crying :crying :crying

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
:crying  :crying  :crying

Our puppy has parvo.

Since he's fairly big, he has a pretty good chance of beating it, assuming we spend the money to get him fixed up.

*sigh*

We have had the worst time with pets this year.  One cat has diabetes, she has done well with treatment.  Then my other cat got it (different litter) and we had to put her to sleep three weeks ago, and now this.

:crying  :crying  :crying

Kap.. parvo is extremely common in pound puppies. I'm sure he'll be fine as the medications are 100 times better now then they were just 3 years ago. Just be sure to get rid of any existing toys, chew things, and any bedding he's been on.. wash all surfaces he's come in contact with, and also buy some fertilizer for your grass outside and spray the crap out of it so it grows and you can get the grass he's been on cut and out of there.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
That's all good advice.  I think I'm going to try the treatment, assuming it's not more then $500 or so.

I'm worried about the carpet, etc.  I have no idea what to do about that.

Have it cleaned or clean it yourself. I think those steam cleaners are pretty reasonable to rent, but even if you hire someone I don't think it would be that much. We had our entire house (about 2800 sf of carpet) cleaned for just over $300.

I just got a puppy yesterday as well...

Well, it's not really mine it's my grandfathers, but he's in the hospital (he might have a type of cancer) but I'm taking care of him since I know my grandfather will make a speedy recovery.

BTW, 7 months old, doberman (sp?)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
DK those are awesome pups. 

I sure hope mine pulls through.  I miss him already.  We can't even go see him cause it's so contagious.

Thanks, they're Shiba Inus except the big one is a Shibaho.

I have no experience with parvo but from what I read it sounds like it can be treated pretty effectively. Best of luck to you and Puck.

I'm sorry to hear about that kapko. Growing up I had a Heeler mix that looked just like that, he weighed about 50-60 pounds and was amazingly athletic. He loved playing catch with a ball, he could jump 3 feet off the ground and catch the ball in the air and bring it back to you and give it up without a fight. We could throw it on the roof and he would watch for it and catch it in the air or on the first bounce, he was amazing. He also lived for 16 years amazingly. I'm really pulling for your pup, I know he will be an awesome dog.

Also, my heeler mix is only 8 weeks old and already is 10 pounds, he's not the slightest bit fat either, I'm terrified about how big he could become.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
I guess he wasn't sick all day yesterday and all night last night.

So the vet says that is real positive sign, like he could maybe come home even tomorrow.

:headbang

Yeaaaa!!! Parvo treatments are soooo much better than they used to be. Just a few years ago it would take a good 3 or 4 days to show signs of improvement. Congrats kap!!

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
Dog eyes look scary when they stare at you and you take a flash picture.  How old is the Geez?

This is a picture of him at a few months....he's 4 now...

I was looking forward to taking him to his first Dog Day this year, but I have to go to a wedding in Michigan on the saturday before. I was going to make my dad come with, wearing a Cubs hat, and carrying the pooper scooper. Oh well, maybe next year.