New Sox Mugshots

Cali

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sideways cap does not mean you are a thug or gangsta or whatever. This is true. However, it does give the impression that you think thugs or gangstas are cool. You are telling the world that this is what you aspire to be.

And if you think appearance and first impressions don't mean anything, you'll learn otherwise. That is fact of life.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
The sideways cap does not mean you are a thug or gangsta or whatever.  This is true.  However, it does give the impression that you think thugs or gangstas are cool.  You are telling the world that this is what you aspire to be.

And if you think appearance and first impressions don't mean anything, you'll learn otherwise.  That is fact of life.

I never said wearing your hat sideways meant you were a gangster...I said I was sick of the thug/gangster type mentality, which is what its about.

Look at FlippedOutPunk's avatar and signature...what's that about? I don't find it gangster or cool or whatever, I find it offensive. Those are pictures of a guy who is going to kill someone...right? Certainly appears that way. Why is that cool?

As for my stereotypes are correct comment....I should have said that a lot of them have some truth to them. Not all. For example, I'm bohemian, and a common stereotype would be that I am cheap, or thrifty. And I am. Does that mean all bohemians are ? No...but I know a lot of them, and I would say most of them fit this description.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
I never said wearing your hat sideways meant you were a gangster...I said I was sick of the thug/gangster type mentality, which is what its about. 

Look at FlippedOutPunk's avatar and signature...what's that about?  I don't find it gangster or cool or whatever, I find it offensive.  Those are pictures of a guy who is going to kill someone...right?  Certainly appears that way.  Why is that cool?

As for my stereotypes are correct comment....I should have said that a lot of them have some truth to them.  Not all.  For example, I'm bohemian, and a common stereotype would be that I am cheap, or thrifty.  And I am.  Does that mean all bohemians are ?  No...but I know a lot of them, and I would say most of them fit this description.

Ah yes, the well known Bohemian stereotype :huh

Being a sox fan, and being from Stickney, you should be one to know that stereotypes are not usually right, and are portrayed by people who truly dont know whats going on. If someone wants an avatar on a message board to involve a rapper, or some gangster stuff, than that is their perogative, just like if you want your music group's quotes on there. Its individuality, and its a message board.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)

Look at FlippedOutPunk's avatar and signature...what's that about?  I don't find it gangster or cool or whatever, I find it offensive.  Those are pictures of a guy who is going to kill someone...right?  Certainly appears that way.  Why is that cool?

As for my stereotypes are correct comment....I should have said that a lot of them have some truth to them.  Not all.  For example, I'm bohemian, and a common stereotype would be that I am cheap, or thrifty.  And I am.  Does that mean all bohemians are ?  No...but I know a lot of them, and I would say most of them fit this description.

I don't know why you think my post was aimed at you.

QUOTE(flippedoutpunk @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I dont know why my sig/avatar are offensive  :bang its all about self-defense  :D

Self Defense? Nothing about that picture says self defense...at least to me...I guess its time to drop it and move on.