Bears Trade Rumor

Draft Value Chart

Not sure how accurate it is, but a lot of draft sites use that for comparing draft picks trade value.

If the Bears trade the 4 (1800 points), they should get in return:

Colts 1 (640 pts.), Colts 2 (300 points), Colts 3 (132 points)

Thats 1072 pts, Edge will count for a 2nd rounder Ill say about 500 pts.

That would mean the trade would be 1800 Bears vs 1572 Colts.

So it would take IMO, Bears 4 over all for, Colts 1, 2, 3, Edge and Colts next year 2 or 3 depending on performance. (You could ask for a 1,2 next year but I think theyd say no).

SB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here would be the Alexander scenario:

1st Round 23, (760 pts), 2nd round 54 (360), 3rd 85 (165)

That is 1285 points, with Alexander being around 500 pts, that would be a close trade.

Id prefer moving down to 23 instead of 29 because its hopefull that 1 of Clayton or Williamson will be at 23 (or Carlos Rogers etc), but the chances become slimmer at 29.

The best scenario would be to trade our 2, and then trade down with our 1 to some where in the top 20, hoping to pick up 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I doubt that any of this happens, our salary is tight and both of these guys will want huge contracts. RW will have to be cut pretty much no matter what.

SB

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
I totally agree. No way would I give up the 4th overall selection for Edg.  The only way I'd even consider it is if the Bears got the colts 1st, 2nd, and 3rd plus Edg.  That 4th pick is so valuable. 

On a sidenote, Bears met with Mike Williams agent today.  Probably just a prelim thing, but I think with his most recent workout him and Braylon are quite similar stock wise and the Bears will have a chance to draft one of them if they want it.

Not Braylon Edwards...and that's coming from a michigan fan. I want Mike Williams. Braylon reminds me too much of Terrell.

I would love getting Edge for a 2nd rounder and a defensive player. He would immediately make our offense a bit more dangerous. If we can get Edge, keep the 1st rounder, and not lose anyone important from the D, I will personally go and kiss Jerry Angelo's asswhole. But, if he picked up a RB with the 4th, I'd be pissed.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Not Braylon Edwards...and that's coming from a michigan fan.  I want Mike Williams.  Braylon reminds me too much of Terrell.

Why? Because he wear's the same blue/gold jersey and had a successful collegiate career at WR, and will be a high pick? :headshake

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Why? Because he wear's the same blue/gold jersey and had a successful collegiate career at WR, and will be a high pick?  :headshake

He will make ridiculous plays, but then not catch the easy ones, so I question his hands. Don't get me wrong, he has a big upside. However, I think Mike Williams will be a game-breaker....that is who I want. :P

I think keeping the #4 and trading the second rounder for Edge is WAY too costly. That is a boat load of money the Bears would need shell out and we are already darn close to the cap. So, if they were to trade for Edge then we HAVE to trade the #4 for either a future first rounder or some lower pics in this draft. The money just isnt there.

Does not care where he plays. Just wants something long term.

wants 7.5 mil the next 5-6 years.

Keeps repeating himself that he does not care where he plays. He just wants his money.

Labled colts "disfunctional family" because everybody wants the ball.

Dan patrick mentioned the dolphins, cardinals , and bears. Edge does not want to say who has been inquiring to trade for him. He said to ask his agent.

They are trying to get a hold of his agent.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
They called his agent left a message.

Edge just didnt want to answer s*** .

By league rules, I dont think you are allowed to say... "I want to play for the bears" publicly when you are under contract with another team. You can say it to management, but not publicly.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
By league rules, I dont think you are allowed to say... "I want to play for the bears" publicly when you are under contract with another team. You can say it to management, but not publicly.

Agen wont say who's interested in edge but named teams they are interested in.

Dolphins, 49ers, their was a couple more .

"Potentially interested" in the bears, and browns

Yeah I haven't seen too many Denver fans around here but I too find it interesting how many Phin fans there are. Edge kind of seems like less than a great guy to have on the team. He never causes problems with the law and seems nice enough but he doesn't sound like a winning football player-although a great talent.

I honestly don't want Edwards either. I think he's more of a potential guy while BMW is more of a safe pick and at worst, will be a #2 WR. He has his head on right by holding his own workout and losing weight and doing whatever he can to improve his stock. He's a TO type. By that I mean he'll go over the middle on a slant route and you could give him jump balls all day.

Anyway, Alexander or Edge would be great. Depends on who wants less. Then you could draft Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson with that #4 or trade down with the Vikes who supposedly want to get in the top 3 for a WR and are willing to give up both picks.

Yeah, the Vikes want to trade up. The 4th for the 7th/18th is a good deal IMO for the Bears. If no RB moves are made, the Bears could draft Johnson/Cadillac 7th and Williamson 18th. If a Rb like Edge or Alexander is acquired, we might as well just keep the 4th and draft Edwards/Williams. If we STILL trade down w/ Minny, then I say Johnson 7th and Rolle/Rogers/Jones with the 18th.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
I doubt that division rivals would make a draft day trade

I wouldn't doubt it....for some reason they REALLY want a RB. If I was them, I'd stay put and draft Rolle 7th and Williamson 18th. It solidifies 2 needs for them.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
I wouldn't doubt it....for some reason they REALLY want a RB. If I was them, I'd stay put and draft Rolle 7th and Williamson 18th. It solidifies 2 needs for them.

I heard they want one of the WR's and are kind of scared about the Bears with the #4 taking one and then the Titans at #6 taking the other. It's not for a RB.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)

Where have you heard Minny wants a RB? Mike Tice isn't stupid, they've already got Bennett, Onterrio Smith and Meweldi Moore.