The Official NIT Thread

Sweet Cal State Fullerton made the NIT. Of course its total horses*** that they have to go to Oregon State. They should be the home team but alas, they have a minimal size arena and I'm sure its about the facilities in a sense.

Plus OSU is from a big time conference I guess.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
But, if they get past Holy Cross, it's clear sailing to DePaul/Missouri.

If they can lose to Rutgers with their season on the line, I don't see how you can say it's clear sailing past anyone in the NIT.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
I'm going to go to the IU game wednesday versus Vandy.

Since IU is on spring break, should be pretty easy to get good seats and I still have my student id, luckily.

Bah...I don't even know if I could stomach that. I'm just glad our guys are still playing some games to possibly end the season on a better note.

I only saw the first 10 minutes or so of the IU-Vandy game tonight and the last 12 seconds, so I can't really comment on the whole game, but Vandy was putting on a freakin Princeton offense clinic in the first half. They were so good I found myself appreciating, if not applauding some of their plays. They backcut IU to death and I am only talking about the first 10 minutes! IU's defense reminded me of when Northwestern dissected them in the first game of the Big Ten season.

I am very disappointed the season ended this way. As an IU fan I am just not sure what to say or where to go. I know this wasn't the most experienced team, but I expected a better effort from them in the past two games.