Bulls-raptors.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Wow, Marshall wants back, BAD. I would be glad to see him back, although I don't know where he would play......

He wouldn't start any where he goes. So power foward or small foward off the bench.

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Yikes thats tough.

Harrington is more of an inside prescence which we need more.

Paxson really wants a big man that can shoot and go inside. I see him being the talk of the summer for the bulls. He can also board and block pretty well which is always nice. Just if we could find a sucker that wants an expiring contract ( davis) we would be in awesome shape.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)
Paxson really wants a big man that can shoot and go inside. I see him being the talk of the summer for the bulls. He can also board and block pretty well which is always nice. Just if we could find a sucker that wants an expiring contract ( davis) we would be in awesome shape.

That would be a great summer. Dumping Antonio and picking up Donyell would be solid. Do you think they will be going after any bigger SG types Qwerty?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
That would be a great summer.  Dumping Antonio and picking up Donyell would be solid.  Do you think they will be going after any bigger SG types Qwerty?

We have to. We have no one to post up against the bigger guards in the east at all. If we face the celtics in the playoffs i think we go home really quick. Everyone of them can post up on us. Signing marshall would mean duhon possibly leaving ( because he will get over two million a year next year at least). He will probally sign a one year deal with some one. Another thing signing marshall would do if we do not trade davis is that we would have no more money left from the mle to sign anyone not horrible, like raja bell.

Pason sure has a lot to think about this off-season. But i am gonna back him unlike a lkot of peopel have thus far ( not saying you).

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)

He's putting up average numbers on a team where he should be there number one option not that Employee No. 8 is gone. He really hasn't shown a whole lot. Josh Smith and Childress are talented, but they're still young and raw, so it's not like they're taking any shots away from him.

I would take Donyell over him. As far as big men, I'd rather see Curry and Chandler getting more minutes...

And yeah, I can see Donyell starting in front of Deng if he's putting up the numbers he has the past 20 games or so. Donyell has done a lot more with the minutes he's gotten and Carter being traded than Harrington has with 'Toine being traded. I mean, it seems as if tyronne lue has been scoring more than he has...

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I'll take Tayshaun over Carmelo in a heartbeat.  The guy is an absolute defensive freak, and I love him.  Those are the types of players that get you rings.

But as far as Wade is concerned, everything that I've heard and read (as I can't stay awake for college basketball) indicates that he was damn good in college, but when he got to the NBA, he made a quantum leap of sorts.  I mean, across the board, seemingly everyone who followed him closely in college is flat-out shocked at the progress that he's made.

Jeff Bzedlik wanted Carmelo to share the ball on offense, what happens? He gets canned. I don't see George Karl putting up with him for long, but Kiki Vaderweghe thinks he's going to be a franchise player.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
You forget davis and you are acting like rahim does not have a big enough build.

Hope he's not injury-prone...6'9 is a bit undersized and he's been missing games left and right...

I like having Curry over not having a true center. There aren't many true centers that can score like he can. The Bulls have been winning with him.

Skiles' minute distribution is getting a little ridiculous...I'm ready to see Curry and Chandler starting and getting into a nice rythm...

Hope he's not injury-prone...6'9 is a bit undersized and he's been missing games left and right...

I like having Curry over not having a true center.  There aren't many true centers that can score like he can.  The Bulls have been winning with him.

Skiles' minute distribution is getting a little ridiculous...I'm ready to see Curry and Chandler starting and getting into a nice rythm...

If we did sign Shareef Abdur-Rahim and let Curry go, Chandler would have to play center and Shareef would play PF. I also like having a true center like Curry but he needs to learn to rebound and play some better D.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)

I like having Curry over not having a true center.  There aren't many true centers that can score like he can.  The Bulls have been winning with him.

There are plenty of centers on the market out there to replace Curry in Ilgaulskas, Sam Dalembert, or they could always try to trade for someone like Melvin Ely, Nazr Mohammed.

The Bulls have to decide on this. Do they want to keep a SG in a center's body in Curry who's a good scorer, and has low post potential, or do they go for a guy who can be much better on defense and rebounding. To me, you sign Dalembert and Marshall, and the Bulls have got a real nice nucleus going.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 07:42 AM)
He's putting up average numbers on a team where he should be there number one option not that Employee No. 8 is gone.  He really hasn't shown a whole lot.    Josh Smith and Childress are talented, but they're still young and raw, so it's not like they're taking any shots away from him. 

I would take Donyell over him.  As far as big men, I'd rather see Curry and Chandler getting more minutes...

And yeah, I can see Donyell starting in front of Deng if he's putting up the numbers he has the past 20 games or so.  Donyell has done a lot more with the minutes he's gotten and Carter being traded than Harrington has with 'Toine being traded.  I mean, it seems as if tyronne lue has been scoring more than he has...

You would honestly take Donny over a potential superstar in Al Harrington?

When teams play the Hawks, it's almost like they're exclusively game-planning for Al Harrington. The guy is a beast, and he's only 24 years old.

How old is Donny?

BTW, I have both Josh Childress and Josh Smith on my fantasy team, and while they're raw, they're already kick-ass players.

I keep telling people (and the basketball heads already know)...watch out for them motherf***ing Hawks. They're finally going places after damn near 20 years. They had the best draft this past year, and they'll have a shot at that Bogut dude next year. Plus, they have so much salary cap room that it's disgusting.

Childress might be the best rebounding SG in all of the NBA next year. Josh Smith is already a defensive freak, straight outta high school. Harrington is more than capable of being a team's #1 scoring option. The only problem right now is big men. Actually, it's more that just merely a problem. They have the worst frontcourt in the NBA. They get used and abused down there.

The one thing that could f*** up everything for the Hawks? You guessed it, signing Eddy Curry.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 05:29 AM)
If we did sign Shareef Abdur-Rahim and let Curry go, Chandler would have to play center and Shareef would play PF.  I also like having a true center like Curry but he needs to learn to rebound and play some better D.

True centers can box out, rebound, block, intimidate players like paul pierce who backs him down every time we play the celtics. Look at pierce closely on friday, he will do it a couple time at least.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
You would honestly take Donny over a potential superstar in Al Harrington?

When teams play the Hawks, it's almost like they're exclusively game-planning for Al Harrington.  The guy is a beast, and he's only 24 years old. 

How old is Donny?

BTW, I have both Josh Childress and Josh Smith on my fantasy team, and while they're raw, they're already kick-ass players.

I keep telling people (and the basketball heads already know)...watch out for them motherf***ing Hawks.  They're finally going places after damn near 20 years.  They had the best draft this past year, and they'll have a shot at that Bogut dude next year.  Plus, they have so much salary cap room that it's disgusting.

Childress might be the best rebounding SG in all of the NBA next year.  Josh Smith is already a defensive freak, straight outta high school.  Harrington is more than capable of being a team's #1 scoring option.  The only problem right now is big men.  Actually, it's more that just merely a problem.  They have the worst frontcourt in the NBA.  They get used and abused down there. 

The one thing that could f*** up everything for the Hawks?  You guessed it, signing Eddy Curry.

Bulls draft=hawks draft. Many people believe deng can be a player like shawn marion in a year possibly two. Will he average over ten boards a game? Probailly not but i think 8 is very possible. I am sure you can tell we usually put him on either the hardest or second hardest player to defend. Depending on size match ups of course.

If gordon gets 35 minutes with average defense he will be a scoring freak ( 25 a game on pretty high percentages). Duhon? The bulls don't have him this year we would be f***ed in all honesty. I think he is our best ''point guard'' at this moment. His passing is incredible and his assist to turnover ratio is near the top in the league i believe. Not to mention his field goal and three point percentage has been climbing up monthly. My number one reason for liking duhon is that he is a pass first guard much like brevin knight, one of the most underappreciated players in the nba. Duhon has easily been the biggest piece to the ''puzzle'' thus far in my opinion.

I really can't see the hawks wanting/getting curry considering they will have to give up talent whether it is a pick or players. By the way, i agree with what you said about harrington and he still wants to play in chicago.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)

He has had one and a half bad years injury wise. His third year in the league when he missed 32 games and this year he is one pass to miss 28. That is not bad for a player that has been in the league for nine years. Do you realize he just turned 28 back in december? He has at the very least three to five good years left in him. Now will we get him? Of course not. Is it nice to talk about? Yes.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Bulls draft=hawks draft. Many people believe deng can be a player like shawn marion in a year possibly two. Will he average over ten boards a game? Probailly not but i think 8 is very possible. I am sure you can tell we usually put him on either the hardest or second hardest player to defend. Depending on size match ups of course.

IMO, based on where both team had their picks, the Hawks kicked some serious ass. But snatching up Duhon in the second round = brilliant. I could go either way at times.

Also, now that Jameer Nelson is gettting regular action, the Magic draft is approaching that of the Bulls and the Hawks.

I still don't know what to make of Deng. He's definitely the wild card.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
He has had one and a half bad years injury wise. His third year in the league when he missed 32 games and this year he is one pass to miss 28. That is not bad for a player that has been in the league for nine years. Do you realize he just turned 28 back in december? He has at the very least three to five good years left in him. Now will we get him? Of course not. Is it nice to talk about? Yes.

Holy s***, I thought that Donny was older than 28. I seems like he's been around forever.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Holy s***, I thought that Donny was older than 28.  I seems like he's been around forever.

I was talking about rahim, sleepywhitesox said he is injury prone which in all reality he is not. Marshall is 31 gonna be 32 in may.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I was talking about rahim, sleepywhitesox said he is injury prone which in all reality he is not. Marshall is 31 gonna be 32 in may.

Oh, my bad. :bang

I feel bad for Shareef & I hope that he can settle down and play for a winning team one of these days. The only problem is that after playing so many years with the likes of Vancouver, Atlanta, and Portland, he might not give two s***s about winning anymore. Some players are genuinely pissed when they lose, but I'd have to imagine that Shareef is immune by now.

Well, you never know who's going to fit in and help out...

I thought Othella would do a lot less than her has and Piatkowski would be doing a lot more...

I'd have to watch Harrington a lot more to have a better opinion about him. All I can go by is seeing a tiny bit of him one game and mostly box score numbers...

His numbers just haven't impressed.

Maybe Curry loses even more weight over the summer and Tyson can bulk up? I think Pax would have to weigh his options and consider if we really would be a better team with, say, Harrington or Marshall and Dalembert or keeping Eddy and getting a Bobby Simmons...

I don't know. I want the BEST option rather than change for the sake of satisfying the Eddy haters...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Well, you never know who's going to fit in and help out...

I thought Othella would do a lot less than her has and Piatkowski would be doing a lot more...

I'd have to watch Harrington a lot more to have a better opinion about him.  All I can go by is seeing a tiny bit of him one game and mostly box score numbers...

His numbers just haven't impressed.

Maybe Curry loses even more weight over the summer and Tyson can bulk up?  I think Pax would have to weigh his options and consider if we really would be a better team with, say, Harrington or Marshall and Dalembert or keeping Eddy and getting a Bobby Simmons...

I don't know.  I want the BEST option rather than change for the sake of satisfying the Eddy haters...

You thought pike would be shooting better than over 40% from three along with solid defense? Your the only one then.