1. 1. Who's #6?

• Cedric Benson - RB
    • Braylon Edwards - WR
    • Derrick Johnson - LB
    • Pac-Man Jones - DB
    • Antrel Rolle - DB
    • Other

If Edwards is somehow still on the board, which he won't be

First off that makes no sense, if he wont be on the board, how can u say "if edwards is somehow still on the board". That makes no frign sense.

Second, tell me who would pick him instead? The bears could but thatd mean williams would be the 6th pick and ud be saying the same thing.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
dude the Titans lost both their CB's Dyson and Rolle... I think they will be taking Pac Man Jones

I agree with that, I just said they'd take Rolle.

Either Rolle or Pac Man is a good choice here.

They have also had luck getting receivers in the later rounds(Mason and McCareins were both 4th round picks and Bennett was undrafted). I think probably the last receiver they took in the first round was Kevin Dyson...and he was was a bust, considering he was a first round pick.

I do not see them taking a receiver in the first round. The highest I see is 2nd round, and that may even be reaching a bit.

QUOTE(chisox05 @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
First off that makes no sense, if he wont be on the board, how can u say "if edwards is somehow still on the board".  That makes no frign sense.

Second, tell me who would pick him instead?  The bears could but thatd mean williams would be the 6th pick and ud be saying the same thing.

I know you hate Edwards because you think he's a Terrell clone, but the 49ers have been giving him serious consideration to taking him with the 1st choice. I know everyone around here wants Mike Williams, but whether Jerry Angelo is on the same wave length... I don't know.

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
dude the Titans lost both their CB's Dyson and Rolle... I think they will be taking Pac Man Jones

And that's what makes this such an interesting pick. I just thought since they've lost Derrick Mason and Justin McCareins from their receiving corps over the past 2 seasons, it's been getting a little thin. Chow will probably want to use some 3 receiver sets, and even though Calico should be back, he probably can't be counted on making it through a whole season. With the new defensive rules, it's probably more important to take a good receiver over a good cornerback these days. This is a deep CB draft as well, so they can easily select a starter in the 2nd or 3rd round as well. I think #6 is still a little early for Pac-Man, and maybe the Titans can trade down to selct him or Rolle or even Alex Barron.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
I know this is a little late, but it's getting to be obvious that Edwards won't be there for the Titans to pick. You Bears fans will probably get Williams because Edwards has a good chance to be picked ahead of him now.

I very highly doubt the Bears go WR in round 1.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
I very highly doubt the Bears go WR in round 1.

I dunno wite. Edwards' stock is really on the rise. He has been impressing the hell out of people. Plus, they are labeling him the only "franchise" wide reciever in the draft.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
I dunno wite.  Edwards' stock is really on the rise.  He has been impressing the hell out of people.  Plus, they are labeling him the only "franchise" wide reciever in the draft.

I also don't see Edwards lasting till 4.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
I also don't see Edwards lasting till 4.

Ah, ok, gottcha. ;)

You don't see the Bears going WR in round one because you think Edwards will be off the board. Got it.

I tend to agree with that. However, if he is there, I'm hoping the Bears take a serious look at him. I have jumped on the bandwagon in a major way. Clearly, he is the #1 WR in the draft.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Ah, ok, gottcha. ;)

You don't see the Bears going WR in round one because you think Edwards will be off the board.  Got it.

I tend to agree with that.  However, if he is there, I'm hoping the Bears take a serious look at him.  I have jumped on the bandwagon in a major way.  Clearly, he is the #1 WR in the draft.

Let it be clear that if he is there at 4, and the Bears don't take him, they would be making a huge mistake.

As it is, I see him being taken off the board at 2, and Miami won't make that pick. I think it will be made by either San Diego or Minnesota...and it is hard for me to give the edge to either of those teams in making a trade. Minnesota could trade 7 and 18 to Miami for the #2, but that, to me atleast, does not seem like fair value, when Minnesota could also stay at 7 and probably see Mike Williams fall to them, with the only possible team getting in the way being Tampa Bay. They could also look at 7 and their 2nd rounder to Miami, but then Miami has to consider whether 7 and a 2nd rounder is better then 12 and 28...and I don't think it is. As of right now, I find it hard for Miami and Minnesota to match up in a trade, unless Minnesota thinks future picks are just fine and dandy, in which case I could see like 7 and 18 for 2 and Miami's 2nd rounder next year...because I don't think Miami will be trading a whole lot of picks this year.

It will be fun to see what happens in the near future...because there is now a player teams will trade up to get - Braylon Edwards. That could mean very good things for the Bears, very bad things for the Bears, or both. If Minnesota were to trade up to 2, Ronnie Brown would almost certainly make it to 4 then, and it is agreed almost everywhere that he is the best back in the draft. That would also mean Braylon is in Minnesota, which probably wouldn't be good news for Chicago either.