Wilson Valdez to Mets...

Jabroni

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...ort=MLB&id=7421

Latest News  Mar. 29, 2005 - 10:57 pm et

Mets claimed infielder Wilson Valdez off waivers from the White Sox.

Valdez entered the spring with a better chance of claiming a job than Pablo Ozuna, but his hopes faded as Ozuna hit everything in sight. The Mets won't keep him on their major league roster, so he'll be back on waivers again later this week. They'll assign him to Triple-A Norfolk if he clears next time through.

From the New York Times:

The Mets also claimed infielder Wilson Valdez on waivers from the Chicago White Sox and acquired the utilityman Benji Gil from Seattle for cash considerations. Valdez was added to the 40-man roster; Gil will report to the minor league camp.
Edited by Jabroni

So you're telling me that we've got nothing to show for Billy Koch?

Which is much better than having Billy Koch to show for Billy Koch, btw.

I'm trying to suppress that nasty little part of my brain that wants Ozuna sent down for no other reason than to watch Jabroni explode. :P

No big surprise, he earned it. Hope he can help bury the 'too old to be good' argument.

So you're telling me that we've got nothing to show for Billy Koch?

Which is much better than having Billy Koch to show for Billy Koch, btw.

I'm trying to suppress that nasty little part of my brain that wants Ozuna sent down for no other reason than to watch Jabroni explode.  :P

No big surprise, he earned it.  Hope he can help bury the 'too old to be good' argument.

:huh: :o :crying

hiroshima0lp.jpg

:chair

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
That may just force an upward movement, taking Pedro Lopez up to Charlotte.

No Kelly Dransfeldt or similar player this year for the Sox? I don't see why the Sox wouldn't just sign an organizational guy, Lopez doesn't belong in AAA yet.

So does this leave 38 on the 40 man? Put Ozuna on there and it's 39. Does the last one go to BMac? Anderson or Sweeney? Or a guy like Bull?

Ozuna would just replace Valdez on the 40-man roster. Right now, Ozuna is just a non-roster invitee.

40-Man Roster

That would still leave us with 39 players on our 40-man roster.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
That may just force an upward movement, taking Pedro Lopez up to Charlotte.

Pedro needs a lot of work. I know you've probably seen more of young Pedro than I have, but he still looks awfully rough around the edges. Last time I heard, Kenny and co. are very high on this kid, but from what I've seen, he is nowhere near AAA ready.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
So does this leave 38 on the 40 man? Put Ozuna on there and it's 39. Does the last one go to BMac? Anderson or Sweeney? Or a guy like Bull?

No reason to protect Bmac, Anderson, or Sweeney yet...

If I had to guess right now, I would say that it would probably just stay at 39. (do you have to have 40 men on the roster?) ---

I think Borchard will be moved at some point and that will probably free up another spot. McCarthy will own one of the spots by the end of the year, but he doesn't need to be on it right now.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
Apparently, the Mets have claimed Wilson Valdez off waivers.  This was mentioned during the game.  It looks like Pablo Ozuna is a lock for the utility infielder job.

He earned it. Hopefully he'll continue to do well once the season starts. What a surprising spring training for this guy. I hope Joe Crede is paying attention.