Opening Day

RockRaines

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
I'm not saddened by it. I can get tickets just about any time I want. I don't want "loyalty" like the Red Sox have.

I agree. I have partial season tickets and usually don't need to wait in line for beer or the bathroom, so I don't miss any of the live action..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
I agree. I have partial season tickets and usually don't need to wait in line for beer or the bathroom, so I don't miss any of the live action..

Well one of the other good things is you always have good parking as well....

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
Just got my tickets yesterday...Club Level baby....no beer or bathroom lines for me!  I can't f'ing wait!  :D  :headbang  :snr

Tony why did you get your tickets so late?

I'm only asking cause we also just got ours yesterday...it's been pretty stressful to say the least. We have 23 people counting on these tickets and you can only take a guys word for so long. The dude came through but man nothing like last minute...

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
I wont know until tomorrow morning but if the boss doesn't use them there are only 2 left now as 2 were requested yesterday.

Thanks Steff, just email me and let me know either way. 2 tickets would be fine as well.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
Tony why did you get your tickets so late? 

I'm only asking cause we also just got ours yesterday...it's been pretty stressful to say the least.  We have 23 people counting on these tickets and you can only take a guys word for so long.  The dude came through but man nothing like last minute...

I get them through a connection...I've been guaranteed the tickets all along, but I just got them yesterday. This guy hooks me up all the time. He got me 4th row for Metallica...last year I went to Sox/Angels for free and sat three rows behind the dugout...awesome stuff!

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
Me too...dry and feeling good in the club level. :gosox3:

I was in the UD and that was before it was enclosed. I usually can handle the cold, but that was just crazy! There was a bunch of strangers all grouped up togther trying to keep warm. I think some guy was feeling me up. :lol:

Oh yeah, my wife tried getting ahold of me during the game to let me know that our roof was leaking. What a night!

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
I was in the UD and that was before it was enclosed. I usually can handle the cold, but that was just crazy! There was a bunch of strangers all grouped up togther trying to keep warm. I think some guy was feeling me up:lol:

Oh yeah, my wife tried getting ahold of me during the game to let me know that our roof was leaking. What a night!

Well hopefully this year we can share a brew in the sun at the tailgate!! :cheers :headbang :headbang :gosox3:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
We'll be in E too....Hopefully in the south east corner, but defintely on the east fence if possible.  We'll have the bean bags out.

We'll be in the NE corner and we'll have the cornhole out as well. As I said in an earlier post, my buddy made a kickass set with the current logo on one and the 1917 logo on the other. :headbang

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
Its still very sad that in a city as big as Chicago and the surrounding burbs that the Sox can't sell out almost every game....

Face it, Most fans in this town are Cubbies fans (idiots) and the casual person will always choose Wrigley over Comiskey, WHY? Perception is reality to people and when they hear their friends tell them that they got blitzed at the Cubs game then went over to Sports Corner and got blitzed they get excited. But when they hear that Comiskey is in a dangerous neighborhood and there are no bars in the vicinity they don't want to come. I say F them because they are missing the best entertainment in the city and I get more room to stretch out and speak to real baseball fans in the city. So I hope the Sox don't sell out any games because when we are good later on this year you will see the Johnny come lately's with their brand new Sox cap (Currently they have on their brand new Cubs cap) filling up the ballpark to capacity.

QUOTE(palehose23 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
I say F them because they are missing the best entertainment in the city and I get more room to stretch out and speak to real baseball fans in the city.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
Its still very sad that in a city as big as Chicago and the surrounding burbs that the Sox can't sell out almost every game....

baseball games NEVER sell out... cubs/sox/yankees/red sox you name it every ticket is NEVER sold... the teams always hold tix back...

that's like saying a hotel was sold out... the last time every room was sold in a hotel Jesus was born....

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
baseball games NEVER sell out...  cubs/sox/yankees/red sox you name it every ticket is NEVER sold...  the teams always hold tix back...

that's like saying a hotel was sold out...  the last time every room was sold in a hotel Jesus was born....

I was in Ft. Lauderdale a month ago and our hotel, the Sheraton Yankee Trader, was sold out, as was its sister hotel, the Yankee Clipper, and every large hotel in its category and higher in a 30 mile radius. They oversold their rooms by 15. People were getting sent far away, and they were pissed. Either Jesus was born on President's day weekend, or your statement is erroneous.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I think for the opener some lots open 3 hours early.  Usually it is 2 hours early.  Gates open 1.5 hours early, but will most likely open 2 hrs early.

That's right...gates are open an hour and half ahead of time :bang