Sox vs. Hostess Cakes: 4/8/05 Game Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
greeat outing

and 2 the guy defending crede..DO YOU NOT WATCH THE GAMES?

Its horrible he doesnt ware down the pitcher he swings first pitch pop up. or strike out

Hes only hole in team (IMO).

1 AB he hits a laser that doesn't get higher than 4 feet off the ground all the way to the LFer.

Another he hammers one right to the gap, but it was caught.

Apparently you're not watching the games.

Top 5TH B:1 S:1 O:1

Joe Crede lines out to left fielder Shannon Stewart.

Were both smoked.

I f***ing hate Crede but you are blind if you deny he hit it hard tonight.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)

Were both smoked.

I f***ing hate Crede but you are blind if you deny he hit it hard tonight.

He still sucks.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
So far the starting staff has given up 4 runs in 27 innings.  ERA = 1.33 :headbang

And this is the key -- our starting pitching was the downfall last year. If Hernandez makes it strong, it's playoffs for us. Keep going, Sox!!!!

Yeah, Crede did hit the ball tonight. Even Hawk and DJ were making note of it and saying Crede looked at Tim Raines and he was laughing because he knows that things aren't just going his way. He was hitting the ball hard tonight, but they were going straight to the fielders.

Great game tonight. A lot of things are starting to come to mind.

1) Jermaine Dye - Maybe his play in RF had something to do with the ERAs of the Big 3 in Oak the past couple of years. What he lacks w the bat he more than makes up for w his arm & glove. I've yet to see any one get more than a double on a hit in RF & I doubt that's going to happen. He's very sharp & smart in RF.

This also means it will be less likely for Everett to take his job away when Thomas returns.

2) Uribe - Holy s***! I don't even bother looking at his bat any more. What a sweet playing SS. Great range, bullet arm, & a joy to watch.

3) AJP - When do we start giving him some of the credit for these quality starts? After Garland maybe. His stick has been nothing less than consistent. Quite possibly the best move KW made.

4) El Duque - Oz played it great. He was around a 90 pc entering the 7th

so you go ahead & let him pitch it. He finished with a 104 pc. As for his stuff - man it was filthy. Who has more movement on their pitches than this guy?

5) Koney - I told you Lohse was not a good SP. All night long he was behind in the count & showed signs of frustration at times with bouncing balls to the plate. It was just a matter of time. Koney finally got a pc of him. He's certainly making it tougher for the WSox not to resign him.

6) Rowand - He owned Lohse before the game & he still does.

7) Pods - Did you see how he beat out an IF hopper to the pitcher for a hit?

2 SB/4G. The 1B committed & by the time the ball dropped Pods was a few feet away from the base. Speed can get you the cheap hits.

8) Hermanson - the guy's looked terrific. Great signing by KW.

9) Everett - He is doing a great job filling in for Thomas. Even stretching the counts.

The biggest hole on the team right now is Crede. He's getting pop ups but still doesn't look good at the plate. At least he doesn't look like he's sleeping up there any more. I'm not really concerned though because Everett is playing so well that when Thomas comes back the WSox will have some major trade bait to upgrade 3B.

I'm still not sold on Harris. Iggy never played on that kind of surface before so I can understand Oz going w Harris. But Harris had a chance to move runners over & he didn't do it. Fielding wise he looked good.

It's a long season & Dye & El Duque are still candidates for DL time but they both are playing great defensively right now & that's had a major impact on this team. When the ball went under the padding in RF that could have been a 3B. If Maggs had been out there it probably would have been. But Dye got it in as fast as possible & held it to a DB. Those are the intangibles that don't show up in the stats.

3W-1L : good for 1st place in the ALC. All alone.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

We'll have to see how things shake down when Thomas returns but right now Encarnacion & Cabrera are getting it down in FL. Both have 900+ OPS.

The potential for trading Crede lies in finding a team in need of upgrading their OF & willing to swap a decent 3B for a high potential one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/battin...Min=0&ageMax=99

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/battin...Min=0&ageMax=99

he couldn't have been behind all night if at one point he was 44 strikes to 19 balls. I thought Lohse looked outstanding the first four innings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gameLog?game...50408109&full=1

He was behind in the count 10 times in his first 6 innings. He faced 24 batters.

It finally caught up with him in the 6th when he fell behind both Koney & Rowand & they made him pay with HRs.