Mariners

Texsox

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Freddy make sure you tell your mountain bike tree hugging friends about this site this weekend.

Pretty much every Mariner fan in town be at Safeco during the season. Everyone else in Seattle is getting jaywalking tickets walking across the street in their birkenstocks to see an art exhibit on the mating habits of the spotted owl.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FreddyPatek @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
I think Jeremy is forcing it a bit.  I have been to one game at Safeco so far and it really looked like he was pressing.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as my take is that he wants very badly to make a good impression and he seems very motivated.  I love this guy.  He looks smooth in the outfield and takes a good path to the ball.  I really hope I can watch him handle center field at Safeco for many years.  I think he will settle down in the next week or so and we will see the average creep up.  I wouldn't expect too much in this series, I anticipate some nervousness on his part.  We'll see.

I have joked with quickman for two or three years that it's all smoke and mirrors with Moyer.  How does he continually get guys out throwing 75 mph?  I have no clue, although his location is probably among the best I have ever seen.  I thought he was done last year, but the word is that he worked hard in the off season and has looked great in his first two starts. He usually starts slow and finishes strong.

Well we have not been hitting well, but its a nice night and we should be ready for Joel.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Well we have not been hitting well, but its a nice night and we should be ready for Joel.

I think Joel pitched 6 innings of one run ball in Triple A Tacoma earlier this week so hopefully he is ready. Should be a great series. Watch out for Sexson. If he gets anything to hit he is destroying the ball right now.

The sweep in KC was very encouraging to M's fans. We got our ass handed to us last year, so we were ready for something good to happen.

QUOTE(FreddyPatek @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
I think Joel pitched 6 innings of one run ball in Triple A Tacoma earlier this week so hopefully he is ready.  Should be a great series.  Watch out for Sexson.  If he gets anything to hit he is destroying the ball right now. 

The sweep in KC was very encouraging to M's fans.  We got our ass handed to us last year, so we were ready for something good to happen.

your right on sexton, he is tough he killed us when he was with the tribe.

Frederico ... as we say on the south side of Chicago, hiya doon?

Love your city, great place. I can taste the seafood right now. Great beer too.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Welcome to SoxTalk any Seattle fan that decides to chime in! :cheers

What is your take on the Freddy Garcia trade almost a year after it happened?

Love it. A LOT. Didn't know that much about Reed, but quickman assured me he was/is very solid. He said Olivo would be a .250 hitter and play good defense. That is about what we are getting, which is fine. Equally as important, I hear that he calls a good game and the pitchers feel comfortable throwing to him. With Wilson on the way out we need someone like this.

I told quickman that Garcia can be a top 5 pitcher IF he has his head screwed on. That hasn't always happened. He has great stuff, but can fall apart quickly if he gets rattled, or if the wind blows from the south, or if it's partly cloudy, or..hell who knows what makes him go sideways. If he wants to be, he can be damn good though.

I honestly think this was good for both teams, but I love what we got.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Welcome to SoxTalk any Seattle fan that decides to chime in! :cheers

What is your take on the Freddy Garcia trade almost a year after it happened?

My opinion is it was a great trade for both teams. Mariners were doubtful that we'd be able to sign Freddy and Sox management obvioulsy had the inside track on getting him to sign an extension.

We're thrilled with what we got in return, but it looks like Reed and Olivo were spare parts for you guys.

We're definitely missing Freddy's presence in the rotation. The guy was a bit inconsistent, but he's always been a work horse.

QUOTE(marinergeek @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
My opinion is it was a great trade for both teams.  Mariners were doubtful that we'd be able to sign Freddy and Sox management obvioulsy had the inside track on getting him to sign an extension.

We're thrilled with what we got in return, but it looks like Reed and Olivo were spare parts for you guys.

We're definitely missing Freddy's presence in the rotation.  The guy was a bit inconsistent, but he's always been a work horse.

Freddie works very slow, too slow, the defense gets unsettled, we need him though, he needs to come on strong and act like a number 1. he is more like a number 2.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
You guys could always ask blue jay way, cards clubhouse, braves beat etc... that is what you guys plan on doing?

Pretty much. If you all know good boards of teams we are playing, let us know so that we can contact their admins and work out details. As long as everyone plays nice, this could be a pretty cool deal.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Freddie works very slow, too slow, the defense gets unsettled, we need him though, he needs to come on strong and act like a number 1. he is more like a number 2.

Sounds familiar. That was always the compaint on Freddy. Everyone always believe he had "Ace stuff", but never was able to get over the hump and be a true #1.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Freddie, you really should monitor the game thread tonight, you will never see more passion in your life. there are also more topics on the main palehose thread. its well worth the reading. both for laughs and to see how serious we are as fans!

And if you get real brave, jump in the live chat. Just a warning, have a sense of humor, it gets pretty interesting at times. :)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
It's eerily similar. Some very good baseball fans over there. They love the Olivo, Reed trade. One guy posted it may go down as their greatest trade ever.  :huh

Yeah, that was me :D More of a joke, but it was a great trade IMO.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Freddie the wife is going to the game tonight with her friends. Unreal.

Holy schneikes. I bet not one of them will have a clue what is going on in the game. When my wife goes, she usually tries to get my attention when the count is 3-2 with 2 outs to show me the hairstyle she likes on some chick a couple rows away. Have fun.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
I can't get into the chat part

what up with that

It works for me, quicky. Try giving it a right-click and refresh to see if that works. The chat is working as I just jumped in there with no problems. Or the problem could be with that Commodore 64 you are posting with....

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
It works for me, quicky.  Try giving it a right-click and refresh to see if that works.  The chat is working as I just jumped in there with no problems.  Or the problem could be with that Commodore 64 you are posting with....

funny man

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)

So in his tenure with the Sox you wouldn't consider Garcia a number 1? :unsure:

I really hate having to break out his stats every other week.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
One of the things I am hoping to do is Scout out some other sites and invite them to post here and vice versa. I am looking for "our" kind of sites.

Looking for the sites with the short busses parked out in front, eh? :P