Mariners

Texsox

Welcome Mariners fans :cheers

From a distance the franchise seems rock solid. Always competitive. A good blueprint for a smaller market team. They have a couple of my favorite players on the roster.

Good Luck. It should be a nice series. The Mariners have been on a roll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle may be a smaller market, but they aren't a small market team in terms of attendance and payroll. Their average attendance last year was over 36,000 and their payroll is over $85 mil after signing Sexon and Beltre. Financially this isn't quite the same Mariners team that had to let A-Rod, Griffey, and the Big Unit go (altough pretty much anyone but the Yankees and Red Sox couldn't afford to keep those 3).

Want to quickly welcome aboard the Mariners fans that stop on by. I also want to say I think this could become a pretty cool new feature where opposing fans can stop in here and talk baseball with Sox fans. they can talk about the series, the division or just baseball in general.

So welcome aboard to all those M's fans that stop on bye :cheers

We'd like to make it a board where other teams fans can come and talk in sanction. If people don't wnat to talk to other teams fans (Soxtalk members) then they can simply stay away from this board.

However, I always enjoy good debate with other intelligent fans and I think there are quite a few posters on here that do as well. So hopefully we can create some sort of alliance with different sites and work some things out.

But this is definately going to be a slow moving work in progress, especially if I'm involved in it :lol:

QUOTE(Hall of Famer @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Does that Mariners site want us over there also?

http://www.sportspot.net/forums/index.php?showforum=1

It's eerily similar. Some very good baseball fans over there. They love the Olivo, Reed trade. One guy posted it may go down as their greatest trade ever. :huh

One of the things I am hoping to do is Scout out some other sites and invite them to post here and vice versa. I am looking for "our" kind of sites.

I've always liked the M's (except for 3 games in October 2000 :crying ). They're kinda like my 2nd team. And you had to love the competitive banter of Buerhle and Ichiro last year. Wonder if we'll see an eephus pitch on Saturday? :lol:

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
To any Mariners fan that shows up...

What's your early take on Jeremy Reed? Trying to get a different perspective

- And -

How long do you think Moyer can keep this up?

I think Jeremy is forcing it a bit. I have been to one game at Safeco so far and it really looked like he was pressing. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as my take is that he wants very badly to make a good impression and he seems very motivated. I love this guy. He looks smooth in the outfield and takes a good path to the ball. I really hope I can watch him handle center field at Safeco for many years. I think he will settle down in the next week or so and we will see the average creep up. I wouldn't expect too much in this series, I anticipate some nervousness on his part. We'll see.

I have joked with quickman for two or three years that it's all smoke and mirrors with Moyer. How does he continually get guys out throwing 75 mph? I have no clue, although his location is probably among the best I have ever seen. I thought he was done last year, but the word is that he worked hard in the off season and has looked great in his first two starts. He usually starts slow and finishes strong.