Welcome Tiger Fans

Texsox

Thought I would open up a specific place for the upcoming series. I've always liked how Detroit supports the Tigers and any baseball fan that had an opportunity to hear Ernie Harwell call a game was in for a treat. A great Hall of Fame announcer.

Hey Guys.

I run Tigers Talk.com with Mark.

Your positive comments are well apprciated.

Im looking forward to the series next week.

You should check out TT.com before the series as we post a series preview.

I hope to visit here some more (you guys do the same!) and get a different view on the happenings in the baseball world.

QUOTE(DetroitWhat @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Usually the ninja icon has a hidden meaning with it...

I guess that's a compliment?

If it is, thanks.  The webmaster, James, has worked really hard to make it look as good as possible.

The 'hidden' part is that I'm complimenting an opposing team's fan site. Wasn't sure how that would be taken by the guys here. :P

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Since we have a tiger section already, does this mean we are  skipping a twins section? (which is our next series)

Twins fans will not be coming here apparently. Either will yankee or red sox fans because no one wants them to start s*** up. Because we all no how cocky they can be even when they are in last place ( yankees).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Twins fans will not be coming here apparently. Either will yankee or red sox fans because no one wants them to start s*** up. Because we all no how cocky they can be even when they are in last place ( yankees).

I think tiger fans would be the limit to me :P

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Since we have a tiger section already, does this mean we are  skipping a twins section? (which is our next series)

I've been looking for some nicer Twins fans.

QUOTE(DetroitWhat @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Hey, nice to be here...I'll try to swing by whenever I can and chew the fat...anyways, thanks for the love.  I respect the Sox too, seeing that they beat our butts every year.

id dont know about us beating you we always tend to have trouble with the tigers

QUOTE(DetroitWhat @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Well, you beat our butts in terms of the win column.

How many years have the Sox finished in front of Detroit now?

How many years have both of our seasons ended on the same day? :unsure:

I was a little suprised by the comments by Dmitri.

Of course, I don't agree with what he said. There is no way this is a race between the Indians and the Tigers. The Twins are the most complete team in the Central and one of the best teams in the league. Sox are close behind. I see the Tigers and Indians competing for third place, but not first. No way.

I do like Dmitri's effort in trying to be a vocal leader and rallying the team, but I hope that in the future he thinks a little bit more about what he says.

I could list a scenario that any team but the Royals would win the central. All four of these teams are relatively thin in key areas and have question marks in others. If someone catches fire and stays healthy, it could be almost anyones division.

Now, it would take a bigger hit to slow Minny or the Sox, than Cleveland or Detroit. I thought that Detroit needed Maggs to be, well Maggs.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
I could list a scenario that any team but the Royals would win the central. All four of these teams are relatively thin in key areas and have question marks in others. If someone catches fire and stays healthy, it could be almost anyones division.

Now, it would take a bigger hit to slow Minny or the Sox, than Cleveland or Detroit. I thought that Detroit needed Maggs to be, well Maggs.

Greedy, injured, and deceitful?

Hi to all the Tigers' fans. I just wanted to say that one of my all time favorite non-Sox teams was the '68 Tigers. I loved to watch that team play baseball. I was fortunate enough to see a game in old Tiger Stadium before the Tigers moved (a Sox victory, btw). I kept looking at that short porch and could easily imagine Kaline playing out there.

I have a deep appreciation for history, so it was great to have seen one of the great old ballparks before it's demise.