4/18/05 Official Game Thread: Sox vs. Cakes

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Stupid play throwing home on that.

Our outfielders throwing this season has been beyond terrible so far. No one mentioned it, but Timo throwing home in the 9th inning of the first Seattle game was one of the most idiotic things I've seen in a long time. If the runners were paying attention, they both could have advanced an extra base.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Someone tell Contreras he's in the majors because of his splitter, and not his fastball that has no movement at all.  He's now given up 2 hits to batters with 2 strikes because he put a nice 93 mph fastball right down the plate.

Guess you missed the first inning when he got ahead of hitters with his fastball than pretty much threw splitters to walk guys after having em 0-2?

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Guess you missed the first inning when he got ahead of hitters with his fastball than pretty much threw splitters to walk guys after having em 0-2?

He hasn't thrown a single fastball past a Twins player tonight. Contreras gets about 90 pct of his strikeouts on the splitter.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
We are screwed this series, Jose will blow the game and we will have no bullpen for Tuesday.  Why can't he pitch like he was supposed to and why do we have to pay $8 million for this s***?

For the record, the Yankees are picking up a good portion of the salary if I recall correctly as part of the Loaiza deal.

I believe we picked up 3 mil or so in the deal.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
For the record, the Yankees are picking up a good portion of the salary if I recall correctly as part of the Loaiza deal.

False. We're paying Contreras at least 7 million dollars this season. KW took a huge financial risk in trading for him last year.