Nomar

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
It doesn't specifically. But the area between the navel and knees is sore with that type of injury thus he will not be able to take care of business in the missionary position for a while.

:lolhitting

Sorry just had to laugh at that, even though I don't wish injury on anyone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Well of course, a lot of pain will keep you from doing a lot of things. They'll 'improvise'.

If you already knew what the impact was then why did you ask what it had to do with the balls...?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
If Hendry wants to give up Guzman for Ozuna...

Ok, time for me to wake up now.  :banghead

I am really getting the feeling that something is up with Guzman. He keeps getting hurt, and was given no chance to make the Cubs out of Spring Training this year. Now Hendry is trying to trade him for Uribina? I think we might be looking at a bust folks.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
I am really getting the feeling that something is up with Guzman.  He keeps getting hurt, and was given no chance to make the Cubs out of Spring Training this year.  Now Hendry is trying to trade him for Uribina?  I think we might be looking at a bust folks.

Hendry turned down that deal.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
If you already knew what the impact was then why did you ask what it had to do with the balls...?

Two totally unrelated things. I figured he'd be in pain and might not be able to 'perform'. Even an injury nowhere near that area might casue that to happen. That's different than him having torn something in his 'unit', that would probably lead to E.D.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
I actually really like Nomar too.  I think he's a superstar and by that I don't mean that he's the best in the game, but he is solid. On top of being a solid player when healthy, he has a very markeatable personality. Good personality, good with the media, always smiling, always seems to say the right thing, the little rituals at the plate, having a famous athlete wife doesn't hurt, etc. All of that makes him an attraction.  Too bad he's hurt.

I disagree, I believe intently that he is a clubhouse cancer. Last year when he was hurt and they were playing the yankees, his whole team was on the top step of the dugout while he was sitting in the corner. 30 days later he was traded, and the rest is history. His new team looked like a favorite to make the playoffs as the WC holder, but when he arrived they nosedived. I firmly believe that he is one of the reasons that the Red Sox never overcame the curse, and I believe that he was a definite steroid user. I dont think he is a good guy at all.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
I disagree, I believe intently that he is a clubhouse cancer.  Last year when he was hurt and they were playing the yankees, his whole team was on the top step of the dugout while he was sitting in the corner.  30 days later he was traded, and the rest is history.  His new team looked like a favorite to make the playoffs as the WC holder, but when he arrived they nosedived.  I firmly believe that he is one of the reasons that the Red Sox never overcame the curse, and I believe that he was a definite steroid user.  I dont think he is a good guy at all.

WOW, but it seemed like they were trying to get rid of everyone they perceived to be a cancer this off season, even in the press box, why not Nomar?

Two curses are his fault too?

What makes you think he used roids?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
WOW,  but it seemed like they were trying to get rid of everyone they perceived to be a cancer this off season, even in the press box, why not Nomar?

Two curses are his fault too?

What makes you think he used roids?

They werent trying to get rid of the cancer in the clubhouse, they were trying to instill hope in their fan base, dont read the tribune so much. I never said the curses are his fault, but it does seem kinda ironic that there was a long drought, they trade him to another contender, then the team gells and pulls of a WS title. The team he goes to, chokes and doesnt make the playoffs. As far as roids go, his tremendous drop-off and his tendon-related injuries.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
I disagree, I believe intently that he is a clubhouse cancer.  Last year when he was hurt and they were playing the yankees, his whole team was on the top step of the dugout while he was sitting in the corner.  30 days later he was traded, and the rest is history.  His new team looked like a favorite to make the playoffs as the WC holder, but when he arrived they nosedived.  I firmly believe that he is one of the reasons that the Red Sox never overcame the curse, and I believe that he was a definite steroid user.  I dont think he is a good guy at all.

Hmmmm ... I didn't know Nomar spent 86 years with Red Sox.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
They werent trying to get rid of the cancer in the clubhouse, they were trying to instill hope in their fan base, dont read the tribune so much.  I never said the curses are his fault, but it does seem kinda ironic that there was a long drought, they trade him to another contender, then the team gells and pulls of a WS title.  The team he goes to, chokes and doesnt make the playoffs.  As far as roids go, his tremendous drop-off and his tendon-related injuries.

uh huh, very very interesting.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
They werent trying to get rid of the cancer in the clubhouse, they were trying to instill hope in their fan base, dont read the tribune so much.  I never said the curses are his fault, but it does seem kinda ironic that there was a long drought, they trade him to another contender, then the team gells and pulls of a WS title.  The team he goes to, chokes and doesnt make the playoffs.  As far as roids go, his tremendous drop-off and his tendon-related injuries.

Very interesting comment regarding the roids...

And I agree that Boston completely gelled when he left. Nomar and "attitude problem" has been stated many times.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
uh huh, very very interesting.

This ^ should have been in green.

All the Nomar 'roid' talk is speculation at this point. He didn't gel at Boston, so what, that's 1 team, AJ didn't 'gel' in SF and so far it seems like we love him.

I'd take a healthy Nomar on the Sox any day. :huh

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
This ^ should have been in green.

All the Nomar 'roid' talk is speculation at this point.  He didn't gel at Boston, so what, that's 1 team, AJ didn't 'gel' in SF and so far it seems like we love him.

I'd take a healthy Nomar on the Sox any day. :huh

AJ was there one season, which makes it easy to get rid of someone so quickly, not to mention that they didnt go on to win the WS. Nomar was the pride and joy of Boston, yet when they traded him, they posted a huge division comeback and had the chemistry to come back and beat the yankees and then sweep the Cards. Its hard not to admit.

I would rather have a bag of balls, Nomar's .158 avg and below average defense doesnt help anyone.