Nomar

IlliniKrush

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd bet imaginary soxtalk bucks that he's out for the year. It looked like an awful tear. Pulls don't do that to a tough athlete like that. I sure hate the Cubs and am embarrassed to say I revel in the demise of the Cubs pitchers but I do feel bad for Nomar because I thought he'd have an MVP year and at his age the HOF window is closing for what was once a sure thing

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
WGN radio reporting that Nomar's groin muscle was completely ruptured.  Surgury likely.  Out at least 3 months.

What causes something like this? Would there have had to be a weakness prior to whatever he did in the batter's box?

:pray for him

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
I just heard a Doc on ESPN radio saying a groin injury has nothing to do with those 'organs'. :huh

It doesn't specifically. But the area between the navel and knees is sore with that type of injury thus he will not be able to take care of business in the missionary position for a while.

The "Trade for another shortstop!" rants have begun on ESPN 1000 and The Score. Who can they really get, though?

I can only think of Polanco... Harry from M-J-H (duh) suggested they trade for Izturis (sp?) from the Dodgers. I just about drove off the road when I heard that. Yeah, Harry, I'm sure the Dodgers are going to sell off their starting, young shortstop... :headshake :rolly

The "Trade for another shortstop!" rants have begun on ESPN 1000 and The Score.  Who can they really get, though?

I can only think of Polanco...  Harry from M-J-H (duh) suggested they trade for Izturis (sp?) from the Dodgers.  I just about drove off the road when I heard that.  Yeah, Harry, I'm sure the Dodgers are going to sell off their starting, young shortstop...  :headshake  :rolly

Bruce LeVineLine just said that Rafael Furcal, Placido Polanco, Pokey Reese, and Tony Graffanino are all possibilities in a trade. He is probably just throwing out names and talking out of his ass though. I would puke watching Graffanino playing SS for the Flubs.

They just mention the Cubs trading for Pablo Ozuna! :lol:

Polanco seems like the one guy they could get with Chase Utley lighting it up but he wouldn't come cheap. The Phillies could try to pry Angel Guzman out of them.

Edited by Jabroni

Polanco would be a perfect fit, but yeah, he's still going to cost something.  At this point if the price is guzman you have to pay it though.

Especially since Guzman showed that he still doesn't have good control in Spring Training and that he still can't stay healthy. The last thing the Flubs need is another injury-prone starting pitcher. Hendry loves Guzman and refuses to trade him though, so Neifi Perez could be the starter at SS for the rest of the season. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
If they are reluctant to spend money they will do nothing.  Tickets are already sold and the excuse for losing is already there, injuries.  We'll see ya all next year.

Agree.

Polanco is doable if you pay the king's ransom but Furcal is a joke. He's a great player on a contending team. Depodesta is PROBABLY willign to move Izturis in spite of their record due to his salary but the asking price would likely exceed Furcal. I think it would be the likes of Guzman and Latroy Hawkins which is just not doable.

I don’t like to smile when someone gets hurt... even if he’s from the Cubs. Nomar is a great shortstop that can hit for average. Its just too bad that he wasn’t doing well offensively before getting injured.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
It doesn't specifically. But the area between the navel and knees is sore with that type of injury thus he will not be able to take care of business in the missionary position for a while.

Well of course, a lot of pain will keep you from doing a lot of things. They'll 'improvise'.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I don’t like to smile when someone gets hurt... even if he’s from the Cubs. Nomar is a great shortstop that can hit for average. Its just too bad that he wasn’t doing well offensively before getting injured.

I actually really like Nomar too. I think he's a superstar and by that I don't mean that he's the best in the game, but he is solid. On top of being a solid player when healthy, he has a very markeatable personality. Good personality, good with the media, always smiling, always seems to say the right thing, the little rituals at the plate, having a famous athlete wife doesn't hurt, etc. All of that makes him an attraction. Too bad he's hurt.