Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
This was one of the most boring games i've ever seen up until the 4th quarter.  Duncan and Manu took over.

lol

It wasn't that bad.

Good things happen for the Spurs when Duncan touches the ball (as opposed to Parker aimlessly driving into the lane), and 'Nobili made up for a subpar first half. The pisstons looked good early on, especially on D, of course, but the better team won...

Good game, in my opinion.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:22 AM)
I have to go with detroit. This has been one of the best finals in recent memory. Road team winning game 6 facing elimination? You can't ask for more.

Four of the six games were double digit wins, game five was a one point game and it was the most exciting out of the bunch and yesterday was a 9 point win. I would like to see some more competive games in the finals. I don't know about you.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:35 AM)
Four of the six games were double digit wins, game five was a one point game and it was the most exciting out of the bunch and yesterday was a 9 point win. I would like to see some more competive games in the finals. I don't know about you.

I did not really watsh the first 4 games. You can't argue about the last couple games, very exciting basketball. How often do you see a game seven? This is only the second time for me . Usually the home team is a heavy favorite to win game seven. In this case though, it's a coin flip. I did not expect to watch much of this years finals. I will watch game seven in it's entirety. Which finals in recent memry would you rank higher? The Finals over the years:

2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1   
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0   
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1  
1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-2 
1998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1  
1997-98 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 
1996-97 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 
1995-96 Chicago Bulls Seattle SuperSonics 4-2  
1994-95 Houston Rockets Orlando Magic 4-0

This is the closest finals in 10 years. All of the finals listed here (aside from chi/utah) were pretty lopsided .

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Horry with a big triple in the 4th.

WTF is with this guy in the clutch.  :notworthy

This is true. But talk of him going to the hall of fame because of all his titles and because of his clutch shooting makes me sick.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
But talk of him going to the hall of fame because of all his titles and because of his clutch shooting makes me sick.

No doubt about that, the guy definitely is a clutch mofo though.