Do you think that the Sox

Winnin Ugly

I don't think they will rebuild because it is just too hard for them to do it in less than 5 years. If they continue to struggle, I think the only guys (besides the dead weight ones) that they would consider moving are gordon, Matsui (if contract negotiations contineu to stall), Sheffield (if they want to get out of next eyars money), and Ricera (although I kind of doubt they'd really think about it).

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
I understand why you did it...I think

To me, it seemed like instead of you wanting to make your point valid and true, which it still is, you wanted to inject a little humor into it, making sure everyone understands it, thus the green.

Hey, if green injects humor, I'm gonna stop posting any other way.

Oops, I meant, Hey, if green injects humor, I'm gonna stop posting any other way.

Oh no, wait, I meant, Oops, I meant, Hey, if green injects humor, I'm gonna stop posting any other way.

Aw, screw it...

im ok without ANY yankees!

jeters not going he's a fan favorite

arod's not going... insane contract... but i do think they'll be willing to part w/ pretty much anyone else...

but again, dont fix what aint broke! (remember 21-7)

Anything at this point would be a BP arm, Gordon is horrible this yr(might be done), same with Quantrill though he might be worth the risk, Karsay you could have for nothing now, and then there's Rivera but with his contract I just don't see it unless the Boss picks up a huge chunk and quite frankly the market for a closer right now is packed.

The only other thing I'd think about(realistically) is Womak but at this point I'm happy with Ozuna.

Frankly, I don't see the Boss dumping anyone unless they're still out of it at the deadline. He's not going to allow Cashman to give up a month or two into the season. The only guys I'd like to see the Sox get would be Matsui, Sheff, or Mariano. Mariano isn't going to get dealt. The other two we'd actually have a shot at and would each provide instant spark to this offense. Matsui would have minimal impact in the clubhouse considering his english, although I'd assume Zero and Gooch would respect Matsui greatly given his status in Japanese ball. Sheff, though certainly a source of controversy over the years, is still hitting like a champ and would be a HUGE upgrade over JD in RF. I think he'd fit in well on this team because of Ozzie Guillen and his intolerance for large egos (except for his own). Weren't they in ATL at the same time?

I believe there would be only two untouchables on the NYY ..... Jeter and Matsui. Possibly ARod, but I think they'd consider that possibility. Williams is on his last legs and we don't need a 4th outfielder. Rivera is a possibility and could be of immense value to the Sox. Sheffield is another one, but we'd almost have to move Dye in the deal. I think Tino would retire before accepting a deal. The Big Unit ... interesting idea, but scary as well.