Sox @ Poo Jays (5/7 @ 12:07 p.m. CT | TV: WGN)

Jabroni

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
I believe he hit two.  But it was the Jays initial game as an expansion team.  Maybe, 1977?

Sounds right. After that first game, I drove from my home in Ottawa to Toronto to catch the rest of the series. For the next 10 years, I was in attendance for every Sox - Blue Jay game in Toronto. I grew up in Toronto, so I always co-ordinated Sox visits with my own.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Sounds right.  After that first game, I drove from my home in Ottawa to Toronto to catch the rest of the series.  For the next 10 years, I was in attendance for every Sox - Blue Jay game in Toronto.  I grew up in Toronto, so I always co-ordinated Sox visits with my own.

You sound like me. Scheduled my vacations this year to see the Sox.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Crede had hit hot strech, thus deciding to take the rest of the season off.

Na, this team has a rule. It states that at least two hitters must be in a slump at any given time during the course of the season. Since JD and PK seem to be heating up, Crede is merely following orders and going into a little bit of a funk. Everett is also doing his duty.

As I write this, Pods walks. Let's see another steal.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Na, this team has a rule.  It states that at least two hitters must be in a slump at any given time during the course of the season.  Since JD and PK seem to be heating up, Crede is merely following orders and going into a little bit of a funk.  Everett is also doing his duty.

As I write this, Pods walks.  Let's see another steal.

I know, that is pretty annoying. On the upside though, I'd rather have staggered slumps and hot streaks than everyone streaking or slumping at the same time. It balances the team out. I'm just glad PK seems to be coming out of his slump finally.