Sox @ Poo Jays (5/7 @ 12:07 p.m. CT | TV: WGN)

Jabroni

Garland vs. Lilly

279782.jpg @ 150404.jpg

Jon Garland vs. Blue Jays (2004 stats)          Ted Lilly vs. White Sox (2004 stats)
2 starts                                        2 starts
1-0 record                                      1-0 record
13.0 IP                                         10.2 IP
4.15 ERA                                        6.75 ERA
1.54 WHIP                                       1.69 WHIP
.315 BAA                                        .273 BAA
17 H                                            12 H
6 R                                             8 R
6 ER                                            8 ER
2 HR                                            3 HR
3 BB                                            6 BB
8 K                                             8 K

GO SOX!!! :gosox2:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Garland looks to extend dominance

Chicago (22-7) at Toronto (16-14), 12:07 p.m. CT"

The Chicago White Sox are continuing to get it done with outstanding pitching and timely hitting. The White Sox rode both of those facets again to defeat the Blue Jays, 5-3, Friday, earning their sixth straight win in the process.

Undefeated righty Jon Garland (5-0) will take the hill for the White Sox on Saturday afternoon, as they go for their seventh straight win in the middle game of a three-game series with Toronto. Garland is an impressive 5-1 with a 2.64 ERA lifetime against the Blue Jays, including a 1-0 mark last year.

Garland has thrown shutouts in consecutive starts, but manager Ozzie Guillen is more interested in his pitcher adding to his victory total than whitewashing the Blue Jays.

"Just as long as we win," Guillen said. "He's pitched pretty good here in the past and hopefully he can keep it up. We expect him to do good. We don't expect him to get a shutout, but we expect him to go out and have a good game."

Toronto will counter with lefty Ted Lilly, who has a career 3-1 record against the White Sox. An All-Star last year, Lilly has struggled early on, posting a 7.77 ERA. He is coming off a no-decision in his last start on Sunday against the New York Yankees, where he allowed six runs on eight hits in five innings of work.

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Jon Garland

• 5-0, 1.38 ERA in 2005

• 1-0, 4.15 vs. TOR in 2004

TOR: LHP Ted Lilly

• 1-2, 7.77 ERA in 2005

• 1-0, 6.75 vs. CWS in 2004

Player to watch

Scott Podsednik is currently on a five-game hitting streak, and has swiped 12 bases in 14 attempts this season.

Quotable

"It's going pretty good right now. Everybody's going out there relaxed, and that's what you need." -- right fielder Jermaine Dye

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

On television

• CWS: WGN-TV

• TOR: Rogers Sports Net

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio 1000

• TOR: The Fan 590 AM

Quick hits

Chris Widger may get the start in place of A.J. Pierzynski, who, despite getting the game-winning hit Friday, is still batting just .100 (3-for-30) lifetime in Toronto. ... Dye is now 5-for-12 (.417) in his last four games. ... Garland has gone at least six innings in all five of his starts. ... Chicago has come from behind in 11 of its 22 wins, including Friday's win over Toronto. ... Paul Konerko snapped an 0-for-26 skid with a single in the eighth inning Friday. ... The roof at Rogers Centre is expected to be open Saturday. It was open Friday for the first time this season.

On deck

• Sunday: at Toronto, 12:07 p.m. CT

• Monday: at Tampa Bay, 6:15 p.m. CT

• Tuesday: at Tampa Bay, 6:15 p.m. CT

Bob Matuszak is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Is there a reason behind the Blue Jays games starting 7 minutes past the hour?

:canada

they're just different like that.

Wow...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

On deck:  Undefeated righty Jon Garland (5-0) will take the hill for the White Sox on Saturday afternoon. Garland is an impressive 5-1 with a 2.64 ERA lifetime against the Blue Jays, including a 1-0 mark last year. Toronto will counter with lefty Ted Lilly, who has a career 3-1 record against the White Sox.
Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 7, 2005 -> 05:45 AM)
Garland has to dominate to keep up with Dontrell.  lol...I'm glad this is an early game.  I can actually watch the whole thing before having to go to work.

Thanks for posting this - I had no idea it was a 12 o'clock game. Now I can watch the ball game and then the race in both their entireties (sp?). WooHoo!

Go SOX Go JEFF BURTON Go Ricky Rudd!

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 6, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Lineup guesses?  Here's mine...

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi

DH Everett

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

3B Crede

C Widger

SS Uribe

Flip Uribe and Crede and that's the actual lineup for today's game.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 7, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
Thanks for posting this - I had no idea it was a 12 o'clock game.  Now I can watch the ball game and then the race in both their entireties (sp?). WooHoo!

Go SOX Go JEFF BURTON Go Ricky Rudd!

:headbang Jeff's one of my picks this week. sorry in advance if i jinx him queenie... :ph34r: :lol:

:gosox1: