Game Thread 5-8-2005 Sox vs Blueballs er Jays

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
well dj said her name was natalie deluccio (sp?)

but googling it said: do you mean natalie delucia?

not sure which it really is.

Close enough, she is probably about 22 with dark hair. With a voice like that I'm guessing she has a record contract and there should be some info about her.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Close enough, she is probably about 22 with dark hair.  With a voice like that I'm guessing she has a record contract and there should be some info about her.

i love how we're lookin up some random girl who was singin the nat. anthem just b/c she was hot. :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Guest JimH
Never have Joe Crede run again...

Yup, that was a little goofy.

If Guillen is trying to send a message to other teams that he'll run any player at any time ... we get it.

By the way, Crede was safe but you rarely get that call.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
i love how we're lookin up some random girl who was singin the nat. anthem just b/c she was hot.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

well duh. :P

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
By the way, Crede was safe but you rarely get that call.

I know that's how baseball is. They were talking about that with pitchers yesterday on the WGN broadcast, how respected pitchers get the benefit of the doubt on close pitches around the plate. I don't understand how they can't call it like it is. If it's a ball,call it a ball. If it's a strike, call it a strike. If he's safe, he should be safe. If he's out, he should be out.

:fyou umps

Guest JimH
Seriously how hard is it to watch to see if he tags him for what 10 seconds?

You are 100% right, it drives me crazy too.

Sometimes the umpires anticipate (see: Bruce Froemming on plays at home plate), the real good ones watch to see what actually happens.

Sometimes, they just get the call wrong, which of course they are not trying to do.