around the horn

quickman

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
Someone is going to use the angle that our pitching can't stay this good.

The point of this argument that I love is that when they say this, they fail to state that our hitting most likely won't stay this bad.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Hey Captain dips*** who the f*** made Tornoto a .500 team

It's funny cause Toronto just came off a series victory over Balti who was red hot, they run into us and get swept. This sox team is really special, this is going to be a fun year to let play out.

Edited by Rowand44

I felt they all made valid points except for, you guessed it, Mariotti. I would have listened to him more closely if he hadn't played the weak schedule card. How could be possibly play that card, knowing full well the Sox are the reason some of those teams have such poor records. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he was way off the mark with that arguement.

JA Adande said that the bullpen scares him and that the hitting isn't there. Said, "Where's Big Hurt??" Mariotti gave his typical hate on the White Sox. Woody said the same as JA. Calishaq bought it saying that they have the pitching, and that this year, there isn't a Yankees or Red Sox team that we've seen before.

He also forgot to mention that not only are there only 5 teams over .500 in the AL right now, one of those teams we took 4 out of 5 games from (Twins) and two others would have been over .500 if you take away the games that they have lost to us (Blue Jays and Tigers). If you ask me, the only really bad team that we have faced this year is the Royals.

I love when people manipulate the facts to support an argument.

I think some of you were waiting for those foul to droul over the team and hand us the pennant. There is a long, long way to go gents. They really all had vaild arguements. Time will tell on this one, we aren't the Yankees of the mid-90s though, I assure you.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I think some of you were waiting for those foul to droul over the team and hand us the pennant.  There is a long, long way to go gents.  They really all had vaild arguements.  Time will tell on this one, we aren't the Yankees of the mid-90s though, I assure you.

Yep, Woody was valid when he said we had no .300 hitters.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
I felt they all made valid points except for, you guessed it, Mariotti.  I would have listened to him more closely if he hadn't played the weak schedule card.  How could be possibly play that card, knowing full well the Sox are the reason some of those teams have such poor records.  I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he was way off the mark with that arguement.

Completely agree, it makes no sense to play that card. The schedule is the schedule, we beat the favorites of this division early. Many of these experts picked the Tigers and tribe to finish above us. We won. Next two weeks are very important.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I think some of you were waiting for those foul to droul over the team and hand us the pennant.  There is a long, long way to go gents.  They really all had vaild arguements.  Time will tell on this one, we aren't the Yankees of the mid-90s though, I assure you.

I agree. I ain't putting us in the world series or anywhere near it yet. I'm just saying that some of these guys should find better arguements.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
I agree.  I ain't putting us in the world series or anywhere near it yet.  I'm just saying that some of these guys should find better arguements.

Exactly. I don't have us in the WS yet, but only Calishaw and Adande came up with good arguments.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Yep, Woody was valid when he said we had no .300 hitters.

Only one of our everday players has an average above .300 and he's a rookie from Japan named Tadahito Iguchi. These guys are national sports guys, you can't possibly expect them to know the intricacies of the ballclub. If that was Mariotti giving that arguement, I'd say you can go ahead and blast him, but it was a proclaimed goof from New York. He gets a pass in my book. If I'm a out-of-towner I see one guy hitting over .300 and Jon Garland leading an already impressive staff, I'd be a little cautious as well.

Get used to it, it will happen all year.

If the Sox play well against a team, it MUST mean that the other team actually sux, no matter what else that other team has done all year. If we beat them, they must suck. If we win the division, well the division must suck. If we make it to the ALCS, well then the AL must have a lot parity this year. If we win the AL, well the AL must be watered down this year.

Can't you follow the logic?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Only one of our everday players has an average above .300 and he's a rookie from Japan named Tadahito Iguchi.  These guys are national sports guys, you can't possibly expect them to know the intricacies of the ballclub.  If that was Mariotti giving that arguement, I'd say you can go ahead and blast him, but it was a proclaimed goof from New York.  He gets a pass in my book.  If I'm a out-of-towner I see one guy hitting over .300 and Jon Garland leading an already impressive staff, I'd be a little cautious as well.

Addy you've got to quit being so level headed. If you're not in line for World Series tickets now, you're not going to be able to get them.