Scrubs vs Sox

rangercal

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
The Cubs pen will be the BIG difference in this series, I think... or at least I hope.

...if they need to go to it, yes I agree, but Zam and Prior are capable of going 9 innings with no problem. Gonna be close, hard fought games.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
...if they need to go to it, yes I agree, but Zam and Prior are capable of going 9 innings with no problem.  Gonna be close, hard fought games.

Dusty will let those guys throw 150 pitches in needed. :headshake

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
please use timo on friday just to piss off the cry baby zambrano. that was awesome last year by making the cry baby mad and felix diaz beating him :headbang

Im amazed that the tee ball stand actually beat anyone last year. The fact that it was lawnmower boy made it doubly sweet.

Dusty will definatly let all of those pitchers get up to the 120-130 range, remember last year when CZ started wincing in pain and grabbing his arm....I couldnt believe he would leave him in there in an inter league series when his team was supposed to be a big contender last year. That is when I decided that Dusty Baker is one of the worst managers in baseball..

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 12, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
We seriously need to separate Contreras and El Duque. Seeing Jose one day and Orlando the next can be murder sometimes. That's just me though...

i agree one hundred percent COntreras should go to two and maybe go freddy then garland then hernandez..but i say keep it as it is until the All star break. Or el duque 2

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
does the order really matter if we are winning, i think not therefore leave it as is

When it comes to bullpen use than yes it does. As of now you have Garland and Buehrle as back to back guys who basically give you seven strong innings an outing, with the next sure bet being Garcia next in the rotation. Garcia is generally good for 6 and sometimes can stretch to 8. Contreras just throws too many pitches, AJ has been good for him this year for keeping that down, but he still throws too many pitches. El Duque with his arm problem and his style of pitching (avoiding certain batters and throwing around the strike zone) that is two days in a row where generally the bullpen will be used in a decent capacity. But I agree, if we keep winning like this, why fix it if ain't broke. But if down the stretch our bullpen seems to be overused because of the rotation I could see a change come all-star break.

I'd rather save garland and mb for the texas series. Why worry about the cubs offense? The series is not THAT important. We just need to take at least 1 of 3 and get the hell out of there. Let the cubs think they won something important. We'll just come right back and sweep texas.