Three Sox Minor Leaguers Suspended

Heads22

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 13, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Or just have Frank take 'em out to the woodshed and rough 'em up.....to send a message that if you use performance-enhancing drugs, you will be in for a BIG HURT ASSWHIPPIN'!!!!! :D

don't forget the classic line: "this is going to hurt me more than it is you..." :lol:

QUOTE(soxfan420 @ May 13, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
i would cut every single one of them i dont care if they are a top prospect or not, if it was performance enhancing they should be gone, if it was weed or pain pills they should be kept.

1) They don't publicly release what substance it was that showed up (helps people figure out how to cheat it)

2) This early in the testing process, going from a very limited testing to a relatively wide-ranging testing, there are going to be a lot of people who test positive who are just taking health or nutritional supplements who have simply wrongly assumed what they have always been taking is still ok. If you walk into a GNC, a majority of the workout supplements you find are going to contain some banned subtance or another.

3) It's asinine and ignorant to paint everyone with a broad brush when you have no clue what it was they were doing.

Have you ever seen Robert Valido? You think he's taking steroids? Ummmm, ok...

People, this is the learning curve. Be concerned when people are multiple offenders and either aren't learning their lessons or can't stop trying to cheat.

"release them all to send a message"... Perhaps the most ignorant, stupid suggestion I've yet seen.

1) They don't publicly release what substance it was that showed up (helps people figure out how to cheat it)

2) This early in the testing process, going from a very limited testing to a relatively wide-ranging testing, there are going to be a lot of people who test positive who are just taking health or nutritional supplements who have simply wrongly assumed what they have always been taking is still ok.  If you walk into a GNC, a majority of the workout supplements you find are going to contain some banned subtance or another.

3) It's asinine and ignorant to paint everyone with a broad brush when you have no clue what it was they were doing.

Have you ever seen Robert Valido?  You think he's taking steroids?  Ummmm, ok...

People, this is the learning curve.  Be concerned when people are multiple offenders and either aren't learning their lessons or can't stop trying to cheat.

"release them all to send a message"...  Perhaps the most ignorant, stupid suggestion I've yet seen.

You do realize that there are "cutter" steroids that get you more lean than bulked-up, right? That would give him more speed. Do you know for sure that Valido did not take steroids? Nope.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
You do realize that there are "cutter" steroids that get you more lean than bulked-up, right?  That would give him more speed.  Do you know for sure that Valido did not take steroids?  Nope.

Sure, you can get anything to do various things. Do you realize that "steroids" are a small subset of the drug testing policy and that testing positive one time in the initial month of the testing phase (these tests were done in spring camp) is very likely to be somewhat of a misunderstanding or mistake on the part of the players in terms of assuming what they were taking was safe?

These players knew they were going to be tested. Valido's success matter little on his speed or power.

Although, knowing your posts, Jabroni, you always assume the worst and want blood in the water at any cost, so consider the grain of salt taken.

Sure, you can get anything to do various things.  Do you realize that "steroids" are a small subset of the drug testing policy and that testing positive one time in the initial month of the testing phase (these tests were done in spring camp) is very likely to be somewhat of a misunderstanding or mistake on the part of the players in terms of assuming what they were taking was safe?

These players knew they were going to be tested.  Valido's success matter little on his speed or power.

Although, knowing your posts, Jabroni, you always assume the worst and want blood in the water at any cost, so consider the grain of salt taken.

You made the assumption that Valido did not take steroids because of his physical looks. I made no assumption either way.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 18, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
You made the assumption that Valido did not take steroids because of his physical looks.  I made no assumption either way.

I make no assumption either way, but to define him as being on them sight unseen, for a single offense in this brand new testing policy is beyond stupid and ignorant. Not only that, but he showed the organization what he had been taking and they found a banned substance in one of the products he had been taking from GNC. I give these guys the benefit of the doubt for their first offenses, even without any other info being released, as we've seen is not the case here.

Get over it.

If we have guys testing positive twice, go nuts, I won't stop anyone.

Was Jim Miller on the juice?

Edited by Randar68