GARCIA HAS NO BALLS!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Oh and to answer everyone's question, Garcia's fastball dipped below 90 regularly when it became his second or third pitch.  This was when he put on the Sox uni.

Vizcaino.

Politte.

Garcia.

Koch.

Who else recently has lost velocity once joining the sox?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Vizcaino.

Politte.

Garcia.

Koch.

The sad thing is even shingos fastball is down from last year. If that is possible.

The only one that is still throwin the same gas is contreras.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 15, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
Vizcaino.

Politte.

Garcia.

Koch.

I saw Politte hit 97 some last year and he sucked... Now I havent seen him hit that high but he has pitched a helluva lot better.

Vizcaino is really 2 small of a sample size.

Garcia and Koch :puke

QUOTE(knightni @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
I still stand behind my "Garcia is average" statement.

I think he's better than average. He's not the ace many thought he was. He's not the pitcher he was 4 or 5 years ago, but he can still be dominating. He's had a couple bad games in a row. It happens. Remember when Buerhle was 2-10 a couple of years ago? Freddy is a solid #3( not many teams have a #3 who can hold his jock) which is exactly what he is with Garland stepping up.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
12-13 wins  4.25-ish ERA is average for a "#2" guy.

Garcia has a natural sink to his fastball. Yet he continues to give up gopher balls at a good clip. This is not the first year he did that, he gave up 30 or more at Seattle and that is a huge park. The reasoning for this is he elevates his pitches. Most likely reason is he throws a downward breakin curve and uses the high fastball to give the appearance that the pitches are coming of the same arm slot. It gets you strikeouts in the first few innings but doesnt do anything to help you later. You get tired or your concentration goes away and you give up the dong.

He has the talent. He just needs to get the ball down. Or its going to be a long summer for Freddy.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
I saw Politte hit 97 some last year and he sucked... Now I havent seen him hit that high but he has pitched a helluva lot better.

Vizcaino is really 2 small of a sample size.

Garcia and Koch  :puke

For about the first two weeks he did then it was all down hill after words. He has come back much better this year working with his off speed pitches which makes his fast ball look all the faster.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Politte hit 98 MPH on the gun in his last outing.

He is the only one out of that group that can still hit what was once their peak. For a few years there that is what politte consistantly threw. Maybe the loss of velocity has actually helped him mature.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Cotts throws "The Masturbator."

You know why I am smiling. Some dumb franchise paid me money to go out there and throw the ball all over the place. Maybe one day I will learn how to throw a strike. But why start now.

NealCotts.jpg