5/17 Games

danman31

Charlotte @ Ottawa Adkins bad 1st inning, Thomas 2-2 with a double so far. :headbang Anderson drove him in with a 2 run HR, that's a combo I'd like to see a lot of in the future. 3-3 after 3.

Birmingham @ Mississippi Villacis to start

Salem @ Winston-Salem Flores with a rough 1st inning, 4-0 Salem top 2.

Delmarva (coolest logo in minors) @ Kannapolis Liotta starting

Barons 10 Mississipi 3

W-Meaux (3-1) L-Wright (2-5)

Chris Young now owns the longest Homerun at Trust Mark Park with a 460ft blast tonight off former White Sox's Reliever Mike Porzio. Casey Rogowski drew 4 walks tonight scored 3 times. Antoin Gray hit a homerun in front of his hometown crowd of Jackson Mississippi. Ryan Sweeney drew a couple walks and scored twice. Chris Stewart had a 3 hit game. Ryan also gunned out a runner at 2nd tonight. B.J. Lamura pitched well 2 scorless innings with a couple of K's Meaux also pitched 2 scoreless innings. Nik Lubisich on the hill tomorrow

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
damn, Owens, Young, Sweeney, and Anderson have me so excited about the future.... At this rate seems like all of them will make it, Now i think some people told me Sweeney can play 1B too is that true and can he play any other positions?

Because of his agility, height, and left-handedness, the day he was drafted I made a few posts about thinking his future could be at first base, where, IMO, he'd have gold glove potential. Now, Fields could move there if they want to keep Crede, or they could deal a couple OF'ers making it a less-crowded scenario, but it was just a suggestion, and one I still believe to this day. It's something that is brought up from time to time, nothing concrete. I don't know if he's ever played 1st base in HS or if the organization has ever considered it. Might be a good question for Dave Wilder.

Edited by Randar68

QUOTE(Randar68 @ May 17, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
Because of his agility, height, and left-handedness, the day he was drafted I made a few posts about thinking his future could be at first base, where, IMO, he'd have gold glove potential.  Now, Fields could move there if they want to keep Crede, or they could deal a couple OF'ers making it a less-crowded scenario, but it was just a suggestion, and one I still believe to this day.  It's something that is brought up from time to time, nothing concrete.  I don't know if he's ever played 1st base in HS or if the organization has ever considered it.  Might be a good question for Dave Wilder.

I know for sure he was a Pitcher as well an RF when he played for Xavier in Cedar Rapids, IA I remeber him a little from when I used to live in Iowa

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 18, 2005 -> 06:36 AM)
Is it me,  or does are farm system kinda rock?  I haven't been this excited about so many guys from our system in a LONG time.

It's certainly a helluva lot better than it was a few years back...

And, Birmy seems like such a kick-ass team -- Tracy, Owens, Sweeney, Young, Fields, Rogo, Jenks, Reynoso, etc etc. :headbang

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 18, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Is it me,  or does are farm system kinda rock?  I haven't been this excited about so many guys from our system in a LONG time.

Last year's draft certainly helped things there, and even a few guys who we took there early we haven't seen much of this season, from Lumsden to Whisler.

B-Ham do have a great team prospect wise at the moment though. And I wouldn't count out Chris Young from the starting outfield projections yet Jabroni, the Sox are definitely pretty high on him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 18, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
Last year's draft certainly helped things there, and even a few guys who we took there early we haven't seen much of this season, from Lumsden to Whisler.

B-Ham do have a great team prospect wise at the moment though. And I wouldn't count out Chris Young from the starting outfield projections yet Jabroni, the Sox are definitely pretty high on him.

Does Chris Young still have that really long swing.... because if he does he reminds me of another Crede/Borchard in the making.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 18, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Does Chris Young still have that really long swing.... because if he does he reminds me of another Crede/Borchard in the making.

He is making adjustments and I have seen noticeable improvments. Still is a dead pull hitter which could hurt him later on he needs to be able to hit the other way just to keep the defense honest but his swing looks better and the thing with Chris is he has awsome speed and won't slump for long periods of time in the last 2 weeks Young has only K'd 5 times twice looking but he no longer leads the team in Strike outs

Tom

Young is one of those low probability/high projectability guys.

Ottawa 9, Knights 8

Barons 10, Mississippi 3

'Hogs won 7-5 last night. Daigle 4-4, triple short of a cycle. 2 hits for Schnur. Box Score

Kanny won 9-5. 3 hits for De Los Santos. Cook, Castillo, Kelly, and Ryan McCarthy 2 hits each. Liotta with an odd start. 0 K, 0 BB, 0 HR over 5.2 IP with 5 runs (4 earned against). Moat with awesome relief, 3.1 perfect innings with 5 Ks. Box Score