A.J. FUCKING PIERZYNSKI

sox-r-us

I am shocked there is no thread yet dedicated for this guy. He is turning out to be the best pick up we did in the offseason. 4 HRs in the last 4 games, and as it gets warmer, I expect him to continue with this power surge.

On pace for 20+ HRs and his handling of the staff has been awesome. He is definitely responsible for a lot of Garland's break out party.

AJ rocks.....sign him long term Kenny!!!!

:cheers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tidbit on AJ in the Trib

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

==========

By Mark Gonzales

Tribune staff reporter

May 18, 2005, 9:55 PM CDT

A.J. Pierzynski earned special attention Wednesday by becoming the first White Sox player to hit a home run in four consecutive games since Carlos Lee did it in five straight contests two years ago.

Pierzynski also garnered a double take after Wednesday's 7-0 victory over Texas because he was sporting auburn-colored contact lenses.

"It's kind of cool, kind of different and will get you a second look," he said.

Pierzynski said the contacts are different from the pair he wore a few times last year and in spring training while playing for San Francisco.

He changed his prescription and actually wore the reddish-brown pair Sunday but didn't wear them again until Wednesday because of the sun. He said the auburn contacts are supposed to provide the same effect as sunglasses.

"They say it's supposed to help you see the ball," said Pierzynski, who has seven hits in his last 20 at-bats. "We'll see."

Pierzynski said Cincinnati closer Danny Graves and Baltimore second baseman Brian Roberts wear similar contacts.

"It gets you some strange looks," Pierzynski said.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:59 AM)
There is plenty of AJ love scattered thought PHT.

But he deserves a thread. We have had threads on Buerhle, SHingo, Garland, El Duque, Count, Gooch, Pods, Frank, Paulie, Hermy, Marte, Vizcaino, Botch etc etc

But none for AJ...

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
But he deserves a thread. We have had threads on Buerhle, SHingo, Garland, El Duque, Count, Gooch, Pods, Frank, Paulie, Hermy, Marte, Vizcaino, Botch etc etc

But none for AJ...

Apparently, you've had the honor of starting "THE" AJ thread. Congrats.

I have been all over AJ's nuts ever since he turned our starting pitching into gods. And looking back at our catching recent history, that just makes any offense he provides a big fat bonus.

AJ is without a doubt, the biggest move we made in the off season, and he only cost us just over $2 million.

I hope Kenny has a 3 year deal for this guy in his back pocket somewhere... there is no one I want to see bring along guys like Brandon McCarthy and company more than AJ.

Yeah, a nice 3 year deal sounds good to me. Lets keep this guy. NO mattter what, I believe we have this guy next year, due to arbitration. Can anyone confirm that?

And this is the second time I've heard about these contacts. Sounds strange.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:37 AM)
I have been all over AJ's nuts ever since he turned our starting pitching into gods.  And looking back at our catching recent history, that just makes any offense he provides a big fat bonus.

AJ is without a doubt, the biggest move we made in the off season, and he only cost us just over $2 million.

I hope Kenny has a 3 year deal for this guy in his back pocket somewhere... there is no one I want to see bring along guys like Brandon McCarthy and company more than AJ.

I haven't been all over his nuts, but I do love his testicular virility and hope we sign him to a three year deal. This sums it up for me right here how he gets his pitchers to believe...

Pierzynski picked the perfect time to refocus Sox starter Jon Garland with one run in, two men on and none out in the top of the sixth. Garland gave his catcher credit for some tough love when Pierzynski came out to talk.

"It's nice to see him get upset the same amount I am,'' said Garland, who retired the next three batters. "He feels the same as I do, and it's nice to see the emotion is there.''

Not that Pierzynski is taking any credit for Garland's 8-0 start.

"He's always had good stuff,'' Pierzynski said. "It was just a matter of him believing. He believes that he can be successful.''

I love seeing AJ's emotion...I like when he gets up and whips the ball to the pitcher as if to say...'come on now...throw me the f***in ball right HERE'

On another note...I read something about those contacts a while back..here's an article on them....

Performance-enhancing contact lenses?

They're pretty cool..

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 19, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
If this is "the" AJ thread, can we at least change the title to "A.J. f***ING PIERZYNSKI"?

Yes, can someone change the spelling to be correct?

QUOTE(Steff @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
Maybe "GD Mother" can be added as well...?

<_>

Lets' add the "C" word while we're at it.

I mean,

Let's f***in' add the f***in' "C" word while we're f***in' at it.

:rolly

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
Yesterday line up was very good. I love to see AJ hitting 5th, between PK and Die.

RH, LH, and RH!

That was a great set up. AJ drew 2 walks and hit that homerun in the 8th. AJ rocks for adding that toughness and challenging our pitchers to throw inside! :gosox4: