5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
He didn't pitch well tonight. Can that really be disputed? Sure he got out of the innings but 11 hits in 8 innings is bad. He didn't have his good crisp movement on his pitches tonight like he has the rest of the year. Sure the sox could have one this game but garland hardly pitched a good game.

I don't think anyone will argue that Garland pitched a good game. But what he did do was pitch a quality game, one that gave us a chance to win....that is a chance to win but unfortunately our hitters creamed themself against the awesome Santana!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I hate having to think like that.  That's the exact type of thing we started saying last year right before the Twins came back. :angry:

I know exactly what you mean. There is NEVER enough of a lead to be comfortable. The Twins can come back in a hurry. :angry:

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
I hate having to think like that.  That's the exact type of thing we started saying last year right before the Twins came back. :angry:

Well, even if we win 110 games this year you'll have to deal with it at least 38 more times this year.

Something that has really pissed me off tonight has been numerous swings by the Sox hitters when they were well ahead in the count. There were 4 or 5 times where we hit weak grounders or fly balls to the opposite field on a 2-0 or 3-1 count. We need to hit the ball a lot harder than that to have consistent offensive production.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Something that has really pissed me off tonight has been numerous swings by the Sox hitters when they were well ahead in the count.  There were 4 or 5 times where we hit weak grounders or fly balls to the opposite field on a 2-0 or 3-1 count.  We need to hit the ball a lot harder than that to have consistent offensive production.

Constructive criticism. Here's some more constructive criticism... I have a better chance of hitting the ball right now than Crede.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:22 AM)
crede and uribe need to be benched tomorow night

For who though? I don't want to see Harris at SS. I have no problem with giving Crede a few days off though. Contreras had more confidence at the plate than Crede did tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
For who though?  I don't want to see Harris at SS.  I have no problem with giving Crede a few days off though.  Contreras had more confidence at the plate than Crede did tonight.

harris and ozuna

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
crede and uribe need to be benched tomorow night

Can't do it...no one there to play....thats the bad thing when both of these asshats are slumping at the same time.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
f***ing santana got killed against a f***in s***ty ass Tribe lineup last week and now hes gonna throw a CG SHO against us

I remember Wilson Alvarez getting shelled in his MLB debut. His 2nd start: No-hitter. Same thing for Kerry Wood. Got hammered in his 1st start, struck out 20 in his 2nd. Just because a player gets drilled in their 1st start doesn't mean they don't have a chance to dominate the next time around.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:23 AM)
harris and ozuna

Our defense tonight played a huge role in the Angels winning the game. We need to maintain our defense in some fashion tomorrow, especially with Buehrle on the mound. We need a strong left side of the infield with MB on the mound.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
I remember Wilson Alvarez getting shelled in his MLB debut.  His 2nd start: No-hitter.  Same thing for Kerry Wood.  Got hammered in his 1st start, struck out 20 in his 2nd.  Just because a player gets drilled in their 1st start doesn't mean they don't have a chance to dominate the next time around.

Weird concept. I thought they were all ''s*** bags''? :huh :headshake

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
Carl Everett is allergic to reaching base when facing a righty.

He's hitting .370 against lefties and .189 against righties. Interesting because most seem to think when Frank is back we'll want to use Everett against tough right-handed pitchers. Apparently not.