5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Our defense tonight played a huge role in the Angels winning the game.  We need to maintain our defense in some fashion tomorrow, especially with Buehrle on the mound.  We need a strong left side of the infield with MB on the mound.

yea, well we need some O too wit colon on the mound. O and dont look now but here some of our numbers against Fartolo:

Dye-.176 in 34 ABs

AJ-.208 in 24 ABs

Jurassic-.167 in 18 ABs

PK has been good against Colon as have Timo( :o ) and Big Frank

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:29 AM)
yea, well we need some O too wit colon on the mound. O and dont look now but here some of our numbers against Fartolo:

If we're relying on Harris and Ozuna for offense......we're in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
If we're relying on Harris and Ozuna for offense......we're in a lot of trouble.

i just want somebody different than uribe and esp. crede, im so tired of watchin them. We should at least get Crede out, put ozuna so we still got Uribes power

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Weird concept. I thought they were all ''s*** bags''? :huh  :headshake

Trying to find the lighter side of a bad loss. Garland wasn't at his best, but he also didn't pitch like Jon Garland from 2000-2004. Santana had good stuff tonight.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Trying to find the lighter side of a bad loss.  Garland wasn't at his best, but he also didn't pitch like Jon Garland from 2000-2004. Santana had good stuff tonight.

Garland got royally f***ed over by Cruddy and Timo. Thanks to their s***ty defense thats what allowed all 3 runs charged to Garland to score.

Viz served up his nightly meatball but its not like that was gonna matter anyway.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
Garland got royally f***ed over by Cruddy and Timo.  Thanks to their s***ty defense thats what allowed all 3 runs charged to Garland to score.

Viz served up his nightly meatball but its not like that was gonna matter anyway.

Since I wasn't able to watch how they scored can someone recap? Is it true our D royally f***ed up?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Since I wasn't able to watch how they scored can someone recap? Is it true our D royally f***ed up?

Timo didn't get to a ball that he should have ( others will disagree with me on that i am sure). But then he made a nice throw to crede at third and crede couldn't hold onto it. If he did it would have been inning over. Instead they go on to score two runs. Timo along with uribe and iguchi could not get a high as hell pop up which was no excusable. D.j. was making it out like all the infielders were standing by the catcher and they have three miles to run to catch it. The dye was his same slow self and could not catch a ball down the line and it dropped in front of him.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES.

CRUDDY:

Situation is that theres a guy on 1st and 2 down........Base hit to Timo who comes up firing and has the runner dead to rights at 3B. Cruddy has all day to get set up for the throw but he sets up off the bag and tries to backhand what was a perfect throw. Cruddy drops it allowing the runner to be safe..........next pitch is a gapper that scores 2.

TIMO:

Man on 3b 1 down. Popup to short center. Timo ( not to be outdone by his partner in suckage Cruddy ) comes in hard then just stops running. Ball drops 3 feet in front of him with him standing there looking stupid like always. Run scores.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
So if Viz-meatball wouldn't had served up his normal meal and all the defense plays were played right then that means that we would be tied and this game wouldnt be over??

That is a s*** load of if's.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
So if Viz-meatball wouldn't had served up his normal meal and all the defense plays were played right then that means that we would be tied and this game wouldnt be over??

We still would have had half a chance cause the game would still have been scoreless in that inning and Viz wouldn't have been in there. Defense sucked ass tonight.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
LOL, ugh im just not happy, I really wanted Jon to get #9. Now I will have Halo fans on my ass which really pisses me off.

If Jon had gotten rocked I wouldn't have been as upset as I am over him getting screwed by the defense.

That game was just painful to watch.

Santana pitched brilliantly. Jon had some tough luck and the game could of been closer, but there wasn't much the Sox could do against Santana.

Santana has flat out nasty stuff and was throwing strikes all day long. Nothing you can do but tip your cap and move on. Its quite obvious this was by far the best pitching performance the Sox have faced all season and there is no harm in losing this way (Santana was dynomite).

Hell I didn't see hardly any, if any opportunities where the Sox missed a cookie.

On one random sidenote, I am no longer a supporter of Joe Crede. It has nothing to do with dropping that ball today (he's a good defensive player) but I'm sick and tired of his long ass swing. Problem is as of now the Sox have no other options, but you can bet your ass Crede is going to be dealt at the deadline and that the Sox will have a new 3rd baseman (which will definately help out this offense).

I supported Crede for years, but today that support ends. He hasn't adjusted s*** to his swing and its long and ugly and good lord does he have slow hands.

On one random sidenote, I am no longer a supporter of Joe Crede.  It has nothing to do with dropping that ball today (he's a good defensive player) but I'm sick and tired of his long ass swing.  Problem is as of now the Sox have no other options, but you can bet your ass Crede is going to be dealt at the deadline and that the Sox will have a new 3rd baseman (which will definately help out this offense). 

I supported Crede for years, but today that support ends.  He hasn't adjusted s*** to his swing and its long and ugly and good lord does he have slow hands.

:cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Santana pitched brilliantly.  Jon had some tough luck and the game could of been closer, but there wasn't much the Sox could do against Santana.

Santana has flat out nasty stuff and was throwing strikes all day long.  Nothing you can do but tip your cap and move on.  Its quite obvious this was by far the best pitching performance the Sox have faced all season and there is no harm in losing this way (Santana was dynomite).

Hell I didn't see hardly any, if any opportunities where the Sox missed a cookie. 

On one random sidenote, I am no longer a supporter of Joe Crede.  It has nothing to do with dropping that ball today (he's a good defensive player) but I'm sick and tired of his long ass swing.  Problem is as of now the Sox have no other options, but you can bet your ass Crede is going to be dealt at the deadline and that the Sox will have a new 3rd baseman (which will definately help out this offense). 

I supported Crede for years, but today that support ends.  He hasn't adjusted s*** to his swing and its long and ugly and good lord does he have slow hands.

YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED!!!!!!!

BRAVO!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)

I know exactly what you mean, I am one of the last supporters in every player you guys hate and I too am getting tired of Crede. Another persons swing im gettin tired of fast is Uribe, its so ugly, he looks like Ken Harvey with his knees almost hitting the ground. I love his defense but damn he needs to do something about that swing.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
:cheers

Even better news is we won't have to see Everett playing everyday once Frank is back. How Everett has as many RBI's as he does I'll never know. Its not like Konerko who has actually hit the ball hard. Everett has looked awful in pretty much every at bat I've seen him in the past month and somehow has gotten a few clutch hits.

Oh and Timo...good riddance, that turd should be gone once Gload/Thomas are back. With those two back and Everett into a PH/Role playing spot than the Sox will have a drastically better lineup with Crede the lone hole (and I call him a hole...have you seen the HOLE in his swing).

I should add, this isn't something I'm saying because the club loss. This is just something I've seen for too long and its to the point where its no longer a slump, but more a trend.

Even better news is we won't have to see Everett playing everyday once Frank is back.  How Everett has as many RBI's as he does I'll never know.  Its not like Konerko who has actually hit the ball hard.  Everett has looked awful in pretty much every at bat I've seen him in the past month and somehow has gotten a few clutch hits.

Oh and Timo...good riddance, that turd should be gone once Gload/Thomas are back.  With those two back and Everett into a PH/Role playing spot than the Sox will have a drastically better lineup with Crede the lone hole (and I call him a hole...have you seen the HOLE in his swing). 

I should add, this isn't something I'm saying because the club loss.  This is just something I've seen for too long and its to the point where its no longer a slump, but more a trend.

Cuz Everett was a hot mofo early in the season and Iguchi was getting on base twice a game. Now he looks horrible at the plate. Timo can go swim with the sharks. He is awful.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
Cuz Everett was a hot mofo early in the season and Iguchi was getting on base twice a game.  Now he looks horrible at the plate.  Timo can go swim with the sharks.  He is awful.

Timo at 1 million and Ben Davis at 1 mill makes me want to flat out puke. The Sox aren't going to be able to get anything for the two of them. I guess they give the club some depth but for pete sakes Spidale could come up and be as productive as Timo for 1/3 of the price.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Cuz Everett was a hot mofo early in the season and Iguchi was getting on base twice a game.  Now he looks horrible at the plate.  Timo can go swim with the sharks.  He is awful.

It looked like Timo was scared to get hit by a fly ball he caught with his signature one handed catch. One thing I am not sure about though is how did Garland get charged all of those runs if they were on errors?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
It looked like Timo was scared to get hit by a fly ball he caught with his signature one handed catch. One thing I am not sure about though is how did Garland get charged all of those runs if they were on errors?

They were not charged as errors. Only uribe's in the 8th inning was.