Let's face it

BobDylan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Sorry, but this guy attacked me right off the bat, probably on the basis of my screen name.

Yes, but doesn't mean you have to ask in a similar way in which you "perceive" he treated you. You honestly didn't think that everyone would think it was the greatest name of all time, did you? OMIT TIMO would have been a much better name.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
I just cannot stand this doom and gloom attitude around here anymore, its ridiculous. And no one seemed to respond to my post about the Sox playing at the .750 clip all season.

For me personally, I don't have the gloom and doom because we lost a single game, etc. It has a lot more to do with the long run, in which I don't see how we can consistently win enough games to stay ahead of the Twins without changes made to our offense. Even if we would have won today's game 3-1, it wouldn't have changed my long term belief about this team's chances this season.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
I just cannot stand this doom and gloom attitude around here anymore, its ridiculous. And no one seemed to respond to my post about the Sox playing at the .750 clip all season.

Arent we also know playing below .500 for our last 19 games? Another stretch like that, and we'll be in 2nd place.

The whitesox offense is indeed in a horrible slump. The timely hits we had earlier in the year are no longer. We leave runners in scoring position and we have a hard time scoring with less than two outs. I hope Frank can help, but I will assume that KW is looking to find a way to jump start this. Its going to be hard to hold on, unless we get back to timely hitting or shake up the lineup with a new player. I figure KW will watch very closely how Frank works out on this home stand. If the home stand proves much like our woes on the road, I do indeed expect a trade.

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
This offense is hampered with way too many automatic outs, not least of which is Joe Crede.  When is this experiment going to end?  The man has a career OBP of .302.  I think Paco Martin's was higher, what is he up to these days?

That's the best (and some might say only) point you've made on this site so far.

I personally have given up on Crede... i was ready to give him a fresh start and everything going into the season and with that early hitting streak it looked like a good bet, now he has gone into a bad bad slump even for him... and i doubt he climbs too much far out of it.

But than again stranger things have happened and in the end its KW's decision not ours, i just hope he makes the right one :ph34r:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)

Our pitching is catching up to our hitting unfortunately, and not the other way around. We've lost 3 in a row, and are just 9-10 in our last 19 games. The offense has been dreadful, and the only way we've been able to win is through superhuman efforts from our starting pitching. Out of the last 9 wins, only once did a starting pitcher allow more than 2 ER and been able to win (Buehrle w/ 3 ER against Baltimore).

Tell me why I should be optimistic.

Our pitching is catching up to our hitting unfortunately, and not the other way around. We've lost 3 in a row, and are just 9-10 in our last 19 games. The offense has been dreadful, and the only way we've been able to win is through superhuman efforts from our starting pitching. Out of the last 9 wins, only once did a starting pitcher allow more than 2 ER and been able to win (Buehrle w/ 3 ER against Baltimore).

Tell me why I should be optimistic.

B/C HURT IS BACK TOM!!!! YAY!!!! :P

I personally have given up on Crede... i was ready to give him a fresh start and everything going into the season and with that early hitting streak it looked like a good bet, now he has gone into a bad bad slump even for him... and i doubt he climbs too much far out of it.

But than again stranger things have happened and in the end its KW's decision not ours, i just hope he makes the right one  :ph34r:

Bring back Chris Snopek....please.

Guest JimH

18 of the next 24 at home, Twins have Cleveland and the Yankees this week. White Sox need to take advantage of the situation.

This whole thing will come down to how the two teams play vs. one another, they don't play again until Aug.

Williams and Guillen will not sit still much longer with an underachieving offense, but they will have to give it some time to see what Frank adds.

Personally I think Frank will struggle for a month ... I hope I'm wrong. 11 months is a long time without seeing major league pitching.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
18 of the next 24 at home, Twins have Cleveland and the Yankees this week.  White Sox need to take advantage of the situation.

This whole thing will come down to how the two teams play vs. one another, they don't play again until Aug.

Williams and Guillen will not sit still much longer with an underachieving offense, but they will have to give it some time to see what Frank adds.

Personally I think Frank will struggle for a month ... I hope I'm wrong.  11 months is a long time without seeing major league pitching.

correct, and I really think if the home stand doesn't go well, there will be trade. We will see. We need a spark.

18 of the next 24 at home, Twins have Cleveland and the Yankees this week.  White Sox need to take advantage of the situation.

Personally I think Frank will struggle for a month ... I hope I'm wrong.  11 months is a long time without seeing major league pitching.

Even if Thomas struggles for a month, it will be a wash given Everett's ineffectiveness.

Guest JimH
correct, and I really think if the home stand doesn't go well, there will be trade. We will see. We need a spark.

For purposes of this board what is your take on all this Joe Randa discussion.

I know you wanted Crede traded for other assets over the winter, and to bring Randa in as a stop gap.

Do you agree that Crede has far more trade value than Randa?

Guest JimH
Even if Thomas struggles for a month, it will be a wash given Everett's ineffectiveness.

I don't think Everett is healthy. Reduced playing time over the next few weeks might help him. I'm convinced we don't know the full story but yes he has not been doing well.