Let's face it

BobDylan

QUOTE(quickman @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
There is no doubt that crede has more trade value, but saying that doesn't mean I would rathe rhave crede. Crede has upside and is young and cheap, hence trade value. personally I would rather have randa. Hope that makes sense.

which is why a trade for Randa shouldn't include Crede....

Crede has minor league options left... If a trade were to happen, I'd give joe a plane ticket to Charlotte.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of his contract situation, but I'd like to see the Sox pick up Morgan Ensberg. he's doing basically what we expected of Crede, and I'm sure we could find some team in the rebuilding mode to take Crede off our hands. (and thus officially ending my status as the lone Joe Crede supporter left in Chicago)

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Yeah, so what.  He was also the greatest newspaper columnist ever.  Over Breslin, Mencken, Runyan, all of them.  I'd give up ten years of my life for greatness in my field.  So he smoked, drank, and started bar fights.  Big deal.

I'm no expert on what it takes to achieve greatness in any field, however, I am fairly certain that the main ingredients are hard work and ambition. Ambition can be a good or bad road depending on what you do to achieve your goals. You don't seem to be the ass kissing type. Maybe a little more humility and a little less "why can't everyone be as smart as I am " attitude will help you achieve your "greatness". If you show only one side to you're personality, how can you be understood ? Good luck and I sincerely hope that the road to greatness is not the road to ruin.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
I'm not sure of his contract situation, but I'd like to see the Sox pick up Morgan Ensberg.  he's doing basically what we expected of Crede, and I'm sure we could find some team in the rebuilding mode to take Crede off our hands.  (and thus officially ending my status as the lone Joe Crede supporter left in Chicago)

Ensberg is not going anywhere.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
I'm not sure of his contract situation, but I'd like to see the Sox pick up Morgan Ensberg.  he's doing basically what we expected of Crede, and I'm sure we could find some team in the rebuilding mode to take Crede off our hands.  (and thus officially ending my status as the lone Joe Crede supporter left in Chicago)

Why oh why would Hoston trade Ensberg with the situation they are in? He's no better than Crede anyway. Book it.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Does he, for sure?  I thought he was out, did not know that.

I think he is out of options, but if indeed you trade for randa,you could probably get him for less than crede. Trade crede somewhere else, and get better bullpen help. We need two players right now, A bullpen arm and a hitter that plays the infield. I personally think we will get both within the next two months, point is, can we hang on until then. Especially in the bullpen, shingo, cotts and viscaino are hole right now. Viscaino has a great arm but can;t pitch. We need an arm to take the spot of one of those guys.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
way to clear that up.

I have said it before and stated the reasons. Thought it is pretty obvious that teams don't give up young cheap players for no good reason. Apparently i was mistaken. Maybe we can scoop up peavy while we are at it. Think they like vizcaino, cotts, and shingo ( they were interested him before anyone else you know).

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Jas and I decided that he had at least one left.

He has been brought up three times in three different years. Wouldn't that mean he has run out? Or is it because he has been brought up in september?

I guess I am curious on why the sox would trade for a third baseman and send crede down(if he has an option), what would we be saving him for? Wouldn't he be better used as trade bait, considering we would have acquired a third baseman? This whole idea of sending him down makes no sense to me. if you are going to replace him, then trade him. No body (very few) thinks he will be better than what he is, at least on this team.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I have said it before and stated the reasons. Thought it is pretty obvious that teams don't give up young cheap players for no good reason. Apparently i was mistaken. Maybe we can scoop up peavy while we are at it. Think they like vizcaino, cotts, and shingo ( they were interested him before anyone else you know).

1) I barely go on the internet, so I've missed a lot of what everbody says.

2) I mentioned his contract situation, meaning depending on when his contract is up and with the s***ty season Houston is having he could be available.

3) Ensberg is no Peavy. Peavy led the majors in ERA last year, he throws 96. Ensberg is a much more consistent Joe Crede, and would fit well here. then again, so would Albert Pujols (just thought I'd take away your next wild comparison).

EDIT: you're saying the Astros wouldn't consider trading Ensberg for a Brian Anderson? you know, they're not exactly set in centerfield.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Ummm...  Willy Taveras?

Taveras isn't really doing much for them. .296 OBP, but he's young and fast. but Biggio's 39 years old, Burke's going to play second, and Jason Lane also hasn't shown much. so why not trade Ensberg, who they could lose in free agency soon, for an outfielder?

Crede's been a big disappointment, but he is a good fielder.

We need to see how our lineup fares with Frank. If it continues to plod after 2-3 weeks,

we might need a spark from a trade or some minor league callups.

My disappointment's are Dye and Crede and Uribe. We need their bats.

Iguchi has been fine and AJ has been fine.

Everett has been Everett.

Paulie hasn't been great but has at least hit double digit homers.

I agree we are pretty anemic, though.

Taveras isn't really doing much for them.  .296 OBP, but he's young and fast.  but Biggio's 39 years old, Burke's going to play second, and Jason Lane also hasn't shown much.  so why not trade Ensberg, who they could lose in free agency soon, for an outfielder?

I don't think they will trade Ensberg either.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
1) I barely go on the internet, so I've missed a lot of what everbody says.

2) I mentioned his contract situation, meaning depending on when his contract is up and with the s***ty season Houston is having he could be available.

3) Ensberg is no Peavy.  Peavy led the majors in ERA last year, he throws 96.  Ensberg is a much more consistent Joe Crede, and would fit well here.  then again, so would Albert Pujols (just thought I'd take away your next wild comparison).

EDIT:  you're saying the Astros wouldn't consider trading Ensberg for a Brian Anderson?  you know, they're not exactly set in centerfield.

What you said is not even what irritates me. It is all of the people that think brazoban and mike gonzalez's of the world are available. Why the f*** would that be?

Also the white sox or any team would never offer a player of anderson's caliber for ensberg.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
What you said is not even what irritates me. It is all of the people that think brazoban and mike gonzalez's of the world are available. Why the f*** would that be?

Also the white sox or any team would never offer a player of anderson's caliber for ensberg.

yeah, I just threw Anderson's name in there to help my point. what I'm saying is that the Astros could make Ensberg available with the way their playing and when his contract is up.

A short rant by me...

What the Hell happened to our supposed "Smart Ball" from earlier in the year? When is the last time anyone can remember our team bunting someone over to 2nd? When is the last time we had an actual sacrifice fly with a guy on 3rd?

Back at the beginning of the year, or heck even 2 weeks ago, the things that were working the best for us was moving the runners along and knocking them in, even in cases where Pods wasn't on base stealing them. Everett was leading the league in Sac Flies for quite some time.

And on top of that...what happened to the massive amount of double plays we were turnign to start the year? Suddenly we can barely turn in a double play a series, at least to my eyes. And we sure as hell can't turn one in a key situation.

Ozzie took this team to the best record in the bigs by playing smart ball. When people got on base, we'd give up an out to get them over. We weren't getting 5 run innings, but we were putting men across the plate.

Ozzie loves saying "Speed never goes into a slump."

SO HOW THE HELL ARE WE IN A SLUMP?

I'll tell you why...because we stopped running...we stopped playing hard...we stopped putting pressure on the defense. Speed doesn't go into a slump. We stopped forcing the issue, so now we're in a slump.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 30, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
A short rant by me...

What the Hell happened to our supposed "Smart Ball" from earlier in the year?  When is the last time anyone can remember our team bunting someone over to 2nd?  When is the last time we had an actual sacrifice fly with a guy on 3rd?

Back at the beginning of the year, or heck even 2 weeks ago, the things that were working the best for us was moving the runners along and knocking them in, even in cases where Pods wasn't on base stealing them.  Everett was leading the league in Sac Flies for quite some time.

And on top of that...what happened to the massive amount of double plays we were turnign to start the year?  Suddenly we can barely turn in a double play a series, at least to my eyes.  And we sure as hell can't turn one in a key situation.

Ozzie took this team to the best record in the bigs by playing smart ball.  When people got on base, we'd give up an out to get them over.  We weren't getting 5 run innings, but we were putting men across the plate.

Ozzie loves saying "Speed never goes into a slump."

SO HOW THE HELL ARE WE IN A SLUMP?

I'll tell you why...because we stopped running...we stopped playing hard...we stopped putting pressure on the defense.  Speed doesn't go into a slump.  We stopped forcing the issue, so now we're in a slump.

Good call.

They were swining for the fences all damn weekend from what I could see.

The offense has been terrible this past week absolutely no arguing that. However before this stretch they weren't doing that bad at all and I don't give a s*** what the individual batting averages say. They were doing everything they were suppost to do, smart ball if you will since I know most of you hate hearing that. Anyways, we were getting every single big hit, scoring 4 to 5 runs a game which was enough to win with our pitching, score runs in the 7th and 8th, take the lead and shut it down with the backend of our pen, just like the twins have done for 3 straight years. We wanted to be more like the twins and before this week that's exactly how it's been. By the way the twins have gone into hitting slumps too but they don't last extremely long because of the ability to manufacture runs. I think some of you guys have missed the 12 run games but guess what that's not going to happen more so get over it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
The offense has been terrible this past week absolutely no arguing that.  However before this stretch they weren't doing that bad at all and I don't give a s*** what the individual batting averages say.  They were doing everything they were suppost to do, smart ball if you will since I know most of you hate hearing that.  Anyways, we were getting every single big hit, scoring 4 to 5 runs a game which was enough to win with our pitching, score runs in the 7th and 8th, take the lead and shut it down with the backend of our pen, just like the twins have done for 3 straight years.  We wanted to be more like the twins and before this week that's exactly how it's been.  By the way the twins have gone into hitting slumps too but they don't last extremely long because of the ability to manufacture runs.  I think some of you guys have missed the 12 run games but guess what that's not going to happen more so get over it.

Excellent Post.

I think what people tend to forget is that we split in Anaheim where that team's pitching is every bit as good, if not better than The Sox pitching. There were 18 total runs scored in that entire series. Not to mention, that they had to play Texas who is playing out of their minds right now. It would be hard for any pitching staff to shut them down right now. The Sox are fine and will rebound from this.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 30, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
Excellent Post.

I think what people tend to forget is that we split in Anaheim where that team's pitching is every bit as good, if not better than The Sox pitching. There were 18 total runs scored in that entire series. Not to mention, that they had to play Texas who is playing out of their minds right now. It would be hard for any pitching staff to shut them down right now. The Sox are fine and will rebound from this.

we were unlucky that we faced Ervin Santana when he's on, because rookie starters either get shelled or they're lights out. there's really no in between, and we got the lights out Ervin Santana.