Let's face it

BobDylan

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Did I mention it's more likely they add a bullpen arm before they add a hitter?

Just saying.

Either would help at this point. Although in 2003, Kenny went with Rick White and Koch (that year's version of Vizcaino and Shingo, respectively) for quite a while. IIRC, Schoeneweis and Sullivan weren't picked up until sometime in August, while Robbie and Carl were brought in early July.

Could be wrong on Schoeneweis...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Rooting closely for a professional sports team is totally severed from rational behavior.  Trying to have a reasoned discourse on such behavior, by extrapolation, is also irrational.  I would much prefer venting my frustration.

Good idea why dont you go to a game ,jump out of the stands, attack Joe Crede and break his legs.

I'm still waiting for the love. Are you always so frustrated ?

Love is not forthcoming. You seem like an eternal optimist in regards to the Sox. I'll leave you with this quote from Mike Royko, whom you may or may not have forgotten about on the West Coast. "Show me somebody who is always smiling, always cheerful, always optimistic, and I will show you somebody who hasn't the faintest idea what the heck is really going on."

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Love is not forthcoming.  You seem like an eternal optimist in regards to the Sox.  I'll leave you with this quote from Mike Royko, whom you may or may not have forgotten about on the West Coast.  "Show me somebody who is always smiling, always cheerful, always optimistic, and I will show you somebody who hasn't the faintest idea what the heck is really going on."

I'm not an eternal optimist nor am I an eternal pessimist. Since no love is forthcoming it appears you are the latter. Funny how you should mention Royko as my old signature had a quote from him in it. Something about switching his allegiance to being a Sox fan. It goes sumthing like this "I'd rather have an owner with a wooden leg (Bill Veeck) then a left -fielder with a wooden head (Dave Kingman). Maybe I'll call you Kingman or would you prefer Kong ?

Guest JimH
Love is not forthcoming.  You seem like an eternal optimist in regards to the Sox.  I'll leave you with this quote from Mike Royko, whom you may or may not have forgotten about on the West Coast.  "Show me somebody who is always smiling, always cheerful, always optimistic, and I will show you somebody who hasn't the faintest idea what the heck is really going on."

Kind of a broad brush generalization, wouldn't you say? After a few days of being here you peg a guy as an eternal optimist?

I've read his (Cali) posts for a while ... he's pretty balanced ... not too optimistic or pessimistic.

Did Royko have a quote for people who are pretty balanced? And we're all anxious to hear your assessments of our demeanor - that must be some sensory computer you've got there, LOL.

I'm not an eternal optimist nor am I an eternal pessimist. Since no love is forthcoming it appears you are the latter.  Funny how you should mention Royko as my old signature had a quote from him in it. Something about switching his allegiance to being  a Sox fan. It goes sumthing like this "I'd rather have an owner with a wooden leg (Bill Veeck) then a left -fielder with a wooden head (Dave Kingman). Maybe I'll call you Kingman or would you prefer Kong ?

Well, at least you're a Royko fan. I assume?

Guest JimH

Royko was negative and cantankerous by nature, and a fairly unhappy soul. He dealt with that by smoking and drinking too much ... my guess is all those things may have shortened his life span.

Royko was negative and cantankerous by nature, and a fairly unhappy soul.  He dealt with that by smoking and drinking too much ... my guess is all those things may have shortened his life span.

Yeah, so what. He was also the greatest newspaper columnist ever. Over Breslin, Mencken, Runyan, all of them. I'd give up ten years of my life for greatness in my field. So he smoked, drank, and started bar fights. Big deal.

Guest JimH
Yeah, so what.  He was also the greatest newspaper columnist ever.  Over Breslin, Mencken, Runyan, all of them.  I'd give up ten years of my life for greatness in my field.  So he smoked, drank, and started bar fights.  Big deal.

Lighten up ... big time.

You brought up Royko, I mentioned some things about Royko. No one here give s a s*** who your literary heroes are, or how much of your life you'd give up.

Understand?

Guest JimH
I'd give up 20 years of your life to achieve greatness in my field.

Sorry, can't have it.

I'm already successful ... you just keep plugging away there pal. You appear to have mastered the skill of winning friends and influencing people, that's a good start.

Try to figure out if that last sentence should've been in green or not.

Sorry, can't have it.

I'm already successful ... you just keep plugging away there pal.  You appear to have mastered the skill of winning friends and influencing people, that's a good start.

Try to figure out if that last sentence should've been in green or not.

Jimmy, lighten up a bit. You must have gone to Mount Carmel.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Kind of a broad brush generalization, wouldn't you say?  After a few days of being here you peg a guy as an eternal optimist?

I've read his (Cali) posts for a while ... he's pretty balanced ... not too optimistic or pessimistic.

Did Royko have a quote for people who are pretty balanced?  And we're all anxious to hear your assessments of our demeanor - that must be some sensory computer you've got there, LOL.

Thanks Jim. If I have to characterize myself I'd say I am more of the glass is half full type of guy while I realize it is still half empty. Guess that's balanced. Arguing back and forth is certainly not my forte. I'm more the stay silent and be thought a fool then speak and remove all doubt type. I'd much rather approach things with humor then venom. As they say "it's easier to catch a fly with sugar than vinegar." Thats enough tired cliches for one post.

To tell the truth I was kind of fed up with all the negativity and actually have enjoyed the afternoon bickering back and forth in 2 different threads with Kong (I-Hate- Crede). I have to admit he is my intellectual superior. Maybe no one thought it was funny or could follow it but the last few pages of todays game thread combined with this thread will make everything more clear.

You're off on the wrong foot, big time.  I'm just pointing it out.  I think you get it.

Sorry, I enjoy the banter and don't take it personally. I love the Sox as much as anyone and defend them strenously when I'm among Cub fans. I thought I could find solace in a site like this where I could bash their shortcomings among those who would feel my pain.

Guest JimH
Sorry, I enjoy the banter and don't take it personally.  I love the Sox as much as anyone and defend them strenously when I'm among Cub fans.  I thought I could find solace in a site like this where I could bash their shortcomings among those who would feel my pain.

If your idea of solace is to get in people's faces when they don't share your negative outlook, fish ain't bitin', this may not be the place for you.

There is not one person I can think of who's all sunshine-and-flower optimism on this site, yet you've labeled several that way in your first 50 posts.

To me, that's not solace ... that's a need to argue.

I don't really care, I'm not a mod here and have zero pull or influence and don't want any. But everyone here knows me, for better or worse LOL, and they know I won't pull punches or speak up if I think someone is way over the line.

That's about it, not much else to say, I think you get what I'm saying.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
For purposes of this board what is your take on all this Joe Randa discussion.

I know you wanted Crede traded for other assets over the winter, and to bring Randa in as a stop gap.

Do you agree that Crede has far more trade value than Randa?

There is no doubt that crede has more trade value, but saying that doesn't mean I would rathe rhave crede. Crede has upside and is young and cheap, hence trade value. personally I would rather have randa. Hope that makes sense.

Guest JimH
There is no doubt that crede has more trade value, but saying that doesn't mean I would rathe rhave crede. Crede has upside and is young and cheap, hence trade value. personally I would rather have randa. Hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense, thanks.